1 2 3 4 5 ... 179
poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/3/13 7:31 p.m.

Just started playing IV for the first time in like at least a year??? Holy E36 M3. Between Red Dead and Saints Row, I'm having a REALLY hard time with the controls. I have a pimp ass apartment, I'm wearing a suit, and all areas are unlocked, so I'm guessing I'm pretty far along.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/3/13 8:00 p.m.

BASTARD. Now I have to go into storage and figure out what I did with GTA. OR- I need to find Saints Row 3.....

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/3/13 8:10 p.m.

So yeah. Looking at old saves, THREE berkeleyING YEARS since I've played GTA. And holy E36 M3 does it ever kick Saints Row's ass. ;)

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
5/3/13 8:22 p.m.

Just remembered I had TLATD on the hard drive, but not TBOGT, and they're still charging 1600 points for it?!?

Guess I'm definitely buying the complete edition now.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/5/13 11:37 a.m.

Did any of you guys ever play LA Noir?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/5/13 11:48 a.m.

Also: No bullE36 M3 - new favorite car? STRETCH LIMO! Seriously! Good as a battering ram and super easy to maneuver as long as you're not doing a U-turn. You can keep the throttle pinned, grab the ebrake and do a little early apex "scandanavian flick" action for 90% of turns. Make me a liar!

keethrax
keethrax HalfDork
5/5/13 12:57 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I've heard Saints Row 3 being called one of the best games OF ALL TIME.

I had to fail the mission where you meet the mayor just so I could go get my wife and make her watch the intro scene to see who it was.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
5/5/13 4:17 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Did any of you guys ever play LA Noir?

I did. Great concept, cool game. But it the "interrogation" became a bit much and I quit playing and didn't finish the story.

Same thing with GTA 4.

I know a lot of people enjoy the crazy challenges and stuff, I just want something relatively fun that I can enjoy with a couple of beer after a week at work.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/5/13 5:03 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: I've heard Saints Row 3 being called one of the best games OF ALL TIME.
I had to fail the mission where you meet the mayor just so I could go get my wife and make her watch the intro scene to see who it was.

That blew my damn mind when I first saw it. For all it's foibles and the fact that it's clearly taking the piss out of itself, it is an AMAZING game.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/5/13 6:34 p.m.

I liked this game too, but I thought it was way way way way too short. I had a week off work and was playing it in my spare time between doing renovations on the house, and I beat it in a week. including the dlc investigations.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/5/13 7:31 p.m.

Huh. May have to sheck out LA Noir.

I realized today why I stopped playing GTA 4 - The characters berkeleying suck ass. At least, the main character does. Plus, I'm pretty berkeleying far along in the game, and there are seriously like 5 people I can do jobs for right now, not including the side stuff. So I don't know who's who or what the berkeley is going on. It doesn't seem like there's any real "story" to the game. Just "This guy stole my E36 M3, go kill him," or "Steal this truck full of heroin." Weaksauce.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/6/13 8:32 a.m.

Y'all do realize ol' Burt was in Vice City too.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/6/13 8:42 a.m.

I loved LA Noir. One of my favorite games but it is a bit to short.

I still haven't played the new Assassin's Creed.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
5/6/13 10:03 a.m.

San Adreas was my favorite GTA game. I loved how absolutely huge the world was. I would spend hours just driving around the backwoods areas on a motorcycle. There were some remote parts of that game that, at the time, had such good graphics and beauty that I almost felt it deserving of the term "art." The plot was actually really good, too. I must have spent MONTHS playing that game.

I didn't even give GTA-IV a second look.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
5/6/13 10:33 a.m.

It sounds like most of use here just like the free roam aspect of the games. I don't really care much what the story lines are, I really don't pay much attention to them. The most enjoyable part is just goofing around and doing things outside the normal story line and doing stuff you probably were not supposed to do (such as sneaking into the restricted parts)

One of my favorite things to do in Vice City was to try and do all the missions with a Helicopter. Some could not be done, others were way easier. Generally it involved a lot of rooftops and rifles.

I would probably most enjoy the new game if it just had a bunch of almost random things you could do almost anywhere, and you just wandered around.

I was not terribly impressed with GTA IV. I hope they take cues from the two previous to that one for V, rather then build on IV.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/6/13 10:54 a.m.

According to Rockstar, it will be bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead COMBINED. I get the feeling this will be the masterpiece of the series.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/6/13 11:30 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: According to Rockstar, it will be bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead COMBINED. I get the feeling this will be the masterpiece of the series.

God I hope so!

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/6/13 11:37 a.m.

I always thought the environment from Red Dead Redemption would be PERFECT for a remake of Interstate 76. Just add vehicles with guns mounted to them.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
5/6/13 12:00 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
I loved LA Noir. One of my favorite games but it is a bit to short. I still haven't played the new Assassin's Creed.

I'm working on the new Assassin's Creed now. Only a few hours into it, I'll see how it goes. So far it's just average.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
5/6/13 12:47 p.m.

Just checked out the new GTA trailers.....I CAN'T WAIT! Hope it doesn't get delayed again.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/6/13 1:12 p.m.

Yea, not nearly as good as gta, and not nearly as fast paced. Good game, though. Red Dead is next up when it comes to gta type games.

Really looking forward to V.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/6/13 1:14 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: According to Rockstar, it will be bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead COMBINED. I get the feeling this will be the masterpiece of the series.

/me runs to Gamestop

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/6/13 1:15 p.m.

Also, for those that liked GTA and want something in a more bite sized package, check out Bully. It took me maybe 20 hours to finish, but it was a lot of fun.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
5/6/13 3:24 p.m.

If you guys didn't play the GTA4 DLC I would say skip the Lost and the Damned and DEFINITELY play The Ballad of Gay Tony! It's what the game should have been from the start! You get a better helicopter to play with, better/different weapons, better main character, more amusing cutscenes, etc.

I'm down to play online free-roam with whoever whenever. I turn off friendly fire because seriously that is annoying. I also make it private. Then get a group together and go load up on weapons/armor/ammo then hit my favorite rooftop, or the airport. Sometimes if things go well, both

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/6/13 3:41 p.m.

Can you play multiplayer online cross-platform, or is it restricted to PS3 or PC or Xbox? I'd bust IV back out for some multiplayer havoc (PS3 here).

1 2 3 4 5 ... 179

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jdk8cVrnY45JsZWQEvMltasngt7XO8rHGmPNgtNdci51GMQqqc4S0aF7QI3gw3ee