PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/13/15 1:38 p.m.

Anyone else excited about this? Homeworld was an awesome space battle RTS when it came out in the late 90's, the remaster looks epic:

!

!

!

The story is very Battlestar Galactica like and very good for an RTS. Goes on sale 2/25.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
2/13/15 1:39 p.m.

Is the storyline and gameplay the same? I loved the original.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/13/15 1:45 p.m.

From what I understand the games are identical, all they did was update the graphics. The bundle includes remastered versions of 1 & 2 as well as the original versions. The pre-order is 15% off on steam right now, making it just under $30.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
2/13/15 5:05 p.m.

Yeah it's a must buy for me then. I can waste hours in skirmish games.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/14/15 11:32 p.m.

Yeah, they had me at both remastered for $30..

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
2/15/15 5:25 p.m.

Yes so much yes. I don't understand what took so long. (yea yea sierra went out of business assets got bought up then resold then resold again)

The manuals for the original games were works of art by themselves. Glad Gearbox is giving the nostalgia crowd what they want.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
2/20/15 1:35 p.m.

Are they implementing some sort of Battle.net equivalent for this?

And please. Dear god. Give me spaceball support.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/20/15 8:10 p.m.

I know there will be online play but I'm not sure how it's implemented. Got my copy all paid up, just waiting till I can download it.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/24/15 5:59 p.m.

The review is up:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/homeworld-remastered-collection-review

9/10

The game is also now available for pre-loading. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
2/26/15 7:46 p.m.

How is it? I hear multiplayer is still in beta. I'm afraid of picking up yet another game that really has no player-base.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/26/15 9:38 p.m.

Haven't tried out the multiplayer, I'm mostly a solo gamer. It's a pretty high profile release from a major company, I'd expect a decent number of people to be playing.

The campaign is Homeworld, but way prettier and slightly tweaked. Ships not needing refueled is probably the best example of how they've simplified some of the annoying micromanaging from the original game.

It also runs extremely well on my entry level desktop using the onboard graphics card.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IiWPPzo111hiavzyJquH3q0AksZX5Zf8YcX2AM7S5lv7Ri8zVZZSHZSx5TCOMNcp