revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/21/16 9:57 p.m.

I recently dug this game out again because I missed the customization of one of my modern favorites (04 STI) and remembered it being fun way back when it was new. I completely and totally forgot just how fantastical it is. Rubberband AI in races, cops that either can't find the steering wheel or can't get off your bumper, and my god the speed. Without pressure sensitive controls, it's a little basic (hold in the accelerator, time ebrake taps), but that helps. Once you break the 185 mark, the speed sensation really kicks in and the game couldn't handle proper input.

There's just something about shifting into 5th in an STI at 195mph that just brings out childhood joy, knowing full well how impossible it would be.

If i can figure out how to save videos, I'll post some chases. The camera angles and slow mo were actually really good for the time, and the slow mo hill crest, with a cop right on your tale is beautiful. That said, even in the highest wanted levels with the "best" cops, just going fast around the border can shake them, kind of annoying actually.

I'm just killing time until the new one comes to PC. the Hoonicorn is too intriguing not to play with

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/16 10:23 p.m.

For the GT replays, we normally just point a camera at the screen to capture them. Using a tripod and a dark room is best, but you can get away with a lot more basic setups.

revrico
3/21/16 10:32 p.m.
aircooled wrote: For the GT replays, we normally just point a camera at the screen to capture them. Using a tripod and a dark room is best, but you can get away with a lot more basic setups.

I'm on my PC, there should be something simple, I just honestly haven't looked to hard

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
3/21/16 10:41 p.m.

Which most wanted? There's been two. The ps2 era one was faaaaaaar better than the rehash of a few years back. Probably the best one to wear an nfs tag to date.

revrico
3/21/16 11:04 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Which most wanted? There's been two. The ps2 era one was faaaaaaar better than the rehash of a few years back. Probably the best one to wear an nfs tag to date.

I forgot, the ps2 version, with the M3 as the "main" car. I don't even think I've played the new most wanted.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
3/22/16 5:55 a.m.

Oh man... I remember this game. I'm fairly confident this game alone is responsible for a couple tenths off my college GPA.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3W6h8NjzwjSimjMpRn5IPMjl3KbXmlQpD7GynnVT7WnJn674PfqaGaaa1005hYjD