1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/16 1:16 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote:
ncjay wrote: Without actually reading a review, the fact that Gamestop already had a few pre-owned copies so soon told me all I needed to know.
Looks like most major retailers are now offering refunds too.

For lack of promised content?

NickD
NickD Dork
9/28/16 12:26 p.m.

Well, not only is this game now under 1000 users worldwide on Steam, but now the ASA is investigating Hello Games for false advertising on No Man's Sky, as most of the trailers and promo images did not resemble the game and promised content was cut. RIP.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
9/28/16 12:30 p.m.

I've been playing it still, but you're right. Lots of missing stuff either shown in videos or mentioned by Sean of HG that would be in the game and are not there. It's still fun at the moment, but won't be after I either max out my ship and multitool or reach the center of the galaxy.

NickD
NickD Dork
9/28/16 12:34 p.m.

It's interesting to see the ASA getting involved, because the video game industry as a whole has long gotten away with false advertisement (Looking at you, Watchdogs)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/28/16 2:28 p.m.

Well, there is always this: http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/23/13028958/no-mans-sky-doom-mod-download

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/28/16 2:48 p.m.

GAH! Video games. I thought this was going to be a GRM build of a Saturn Sky.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/17/18 1:42 p.m.

Anyone still playing? Anyone excited about the big update NEXT week?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/17/18 4:33 p.m.

That update looks super amazing. I kinda want to play. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/18/18 7:09 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

With the poor initial reviews, I've seen cheap used PS4 ones at gamestop. There are no used XB1 since Tuesday is their launch.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/18/18 11:34 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

And xb1 is where I'm at. I might grab a copy. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/23/18 5:02 p.m.

If you were to mix this with Star Citizen you’d probably end up with a “full” game. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/8/19 10:20 a.m.

I got the game on Saturday and have played about 3 hours so far.  So far I like it and the sound track is awesome.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/15/19 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

There's a big update coming this summer. I'm curious what's coming for 'Beyond'.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/15/19 7:46 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

I can't wait.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/1/22 12:34 p.m.

Zombie thread resurrection to see if anyone is playing this still.  I started it last year when I got gamepass and played for awhile but I jumped back in last week because of the updates that came out earlier this year and I'm fully hooked now

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/1/22 12:54 p.m.

Originally got it for my grandson. I have played for almost a year. After a few months, I figured I had 'done it all', but I don't have commitment to really get into a new more complex game. For a casual pass-the-time, waste-the-time thing, it's still my go to. I may start naming newly discovered planets after GRMers. It's a big universe and small world.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/1/22 1:05 p.m.
tuna55 said:

GAH! Video games. I thought this was going to be a GRM build of a Saturn Sky.

Thought it again a second time!!

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
12/3/22 2:01 p.m.

HAH. as im scrolling through to find threads of car game and beamng enthusiasts.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/19/23 11:40 a.m.

I just noticed people here play this. Interesting. I play this. I've made myself absurdly wealthy for fun. Now I'm just waiting for another expedition. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/28/23 11:06 a.m.

I've been playing it as a relaxing break on the Nintendo switch. I was surprised how well it runs on the switch. Occasionally there's some elements popping in, but for the most part it's really smooth.

I don't really know what I'm doing in the game. I've done a lot of the Atlas missions and have about 30 hours in the game.  I built the sub recently, but still haven't got a freighter. I feel like I've saved a couple of them but when I board them and talk to the captain and they just want me to buy it. 

Haven't played in a bit but it's something that I can casually play while being around family. I think it's possible to find others in the game. Should we found a Planet GRM? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/29/23 1:42 p.m.

Switch is a no go on multiplayer, unfortunately. Y'all are welcome to track my line of bases down if you want, my username is the same across the board- and if you know what stasis devices are, you'll be rich in no time. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/27/23 3:42 p.m.

Newest expedition just dropped. It's a short one, but the rewards are awesome. The new ship is amazing. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1yX0uh3JMZaYJiKlLfJtXkhsJ3tHeOMicraEiVtzYGYa0dKZXpiTYWEhdBbqtAVs