1 2 3
madpanda
madpanda Reader
3/9/16 5:16 p.m.

Yup, I bought a Craigslist Logitech G920 (Basically the G25 that is compatible with the XBOX ONE) in preparation for Dirt. I can't wait.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/9/16 5:29 p.m.

Once I get my actual car sorted out, that's next on the list. I really think wheel and pedals are how this game should be played. It's just too difficult trying to shift weight without good inputs. I've seen some ridiculous setups with parking brake levers and such that would be awesome if I couldn't buy a real car for the same price

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
3/12/16 7:33 p.m.

I have still been playing this, it's awesome. When the console version comes out, some new cars will be introduced, too, which is cool. I've also been participating in a league, sorta like how the GT6 series goes here, but with some people online. It's a fun thing to do, for sure! It's called the "conelanders" league, if you google search it a lot of us post videos of our runs and more than a few of them contain massive wrecks. like, how could anyone survive kinds of wrecks. If anyone wants to try a GRM league i'd be happy to race with you guys.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
3/14/16 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

I haven't played it since I discovered my computer sucks too much to run it when there is weather. Just took the joy out of it. I may just break down and get a steam machine when GT6 goes away, I'll have more than the cost of one of those into upgrading to a PS4 and a compatible wheel.

Desmond
Desmond HalfDork
4/8/16 12:51 p.m.

Did you guys ever create a league for this? If not, I'll get right on it.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/8/16 1:50 p.m.

Please set it up! I won't be able to play until later next week but I'll join the league as soon as I start playing.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/8/16 7:27 p.m.

I'm up for it, let me know the details when the league gets set up

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
4/14/16 8:40 a.m.

has anyone set this up yet?

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/14/16 9:56 a.m.

I'll look into it when I get home from work today. What do you want for location/cars?

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/15/16 10:06 a.m.

Ok how about a grm league with 70's cars? I've been wanting to try that new alpine. Just start with one race, and see how it goes? Finland, because jumps are awesome?

What say ye?

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/15/16 8:05 p.m.

OK guys, here it is: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/40161/grm-league

1970's cars, 6 stages, all sunny in finland because jumps are awesome. Event restart is on, so if you get to stage 5 and DNF you can restart, but no redoing stages over and over to get the best single stage times without all the adventure of rallying through the whole thing. You can tune and repair after every stage. One week time limit.

You must sign up for a racenet account (free if you have the game) and link it to your steam account. It's not hard. Then you have to apply to the league and be approved by me. This is to stop people searching through the racenet website and joining random leagues without being part of the community, as has been an issue with some other leagues. I will approve your entrance. post your racenet name here in case i need it, or maybe you can just apply? id on't know. Either way i'll let you in.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/15/16 9:28 p.m.

aw man, you're gonna make me actually buy this game. OK, I'll buy it from steam sometime this week. I still suck terribly though

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/15/16 10:24 p.m.

well worth it!

Desmond
Desmond HalfDork
4/17/16 2:21 p.m.

My steam ID is M0nsteh. I submitted a join request. Thanks for setting this up!

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/17/16 6:38 p.m.

Approved! Thanks for joining

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/17/16 8:57 p.m.

Just to tempt more people, stage 1 is jump tastic, and stage 2 is even more jumptastic. That's all i've had time to do so far.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/22/16 2:24 p.m.

I just attempted to join the league. Let me know if you got the request. My race net handle is madpandarally.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/22/16 8:23 p.m.

I'll add you as soon as I get home!

Edit, you're added. Looks like nobody raced the last week, myself included. too busy. Any thoughts on what to do? like, which cars, location, etc? how mnay stages? one race a week?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/23/16 3:27 p.m.

Wandering thru the mall w/ SWMBO last night I saw a Gamestop with a sign out front. What do you know, the XB1 version finally out! Haven't played it yet but hope to after autocross tomorrow evening.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/23/16 4:16 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

Since we all clearly don't have a lot of time to play, let's just start small. Maybe 1 Stage with the classic Mini? I don't know the different locations yet, so I don't have a preference there.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/23/16 7:26 p.m.

In reply to madpanda:

Thats a good idea. I'll start it tomorrow night at the latest but I'll try to get that going tonight. No promises since I'm away this weekend and I'm on my phone

There is a way to promote you guys I think to be able to set up seasons and stuff, I'll have to see what that does.

revrico
4/24/16 4:20 a.m.

I applied, same name as here. Just remember, I suck

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/24/16 11:23 a.m.

Ok I accepted the requests to join and set up one stage of Monaco with the class mini, event lasts one week. Let me know if I missed anything, it's surprising difficult to use their website on a phone with spotty hotel wifi

revrico
4/24/16 6:19 p.m.

Wow, steam workshop setups help a TON. And that new Renault Alpine is awesome, I have actually managed 3rd on a couple stages. Still haven't finished a championship above 5th to upgrade to clubman though, but I think I'm getting closer.

Only took 5 tries to get the league stage done, I kept going off right before the finish.

Killing me though, I need to run on ultra low just to maintain 30 FPS. but dropping down the graphics has helped a lot too. I didn't realize just how bad my FPS was before

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/25/16 8:32 p.m.

Well, doing the set up on my phone didn't work, i didn't make the league go for a week. oh well. I set up another race, one stage in germany with 1960's cars. I for one want to try this new alpine!

I also added stage restarts and even restarts, so you can retry as you want throughout the week.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YvF1bU26BB5YnxQyL6conJjW0LxP9qMpAcdZYfrZ0HeDvrAOzke8GtcxPs644c2w