1 2 3
revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/25/16 8:41 p.m.

It's fun. Got me up to a 5th place finish in a championship with 2 DNF. I have trouble in the monaco and sweden, likes to fly off course into irretrievable places.

Using the mini, i finished in 7th, i think if I can make it through a whole snow course, I can finally get into clubman after 6 months of playing. access to the steam workshop has really really helped me out.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/25/16 11:42 p.m.

Just set a time, i mis-heard a call, and murdered a spectator. In my defense, i only murdered him a little bit. otherwise it was a good run.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/26/16 12:00 a.m.
Rufledt wrote: i only murdered him a *little* bit.

Lol

revrico
4/26/16 7:40 a.m.

I just wish we had a choice in tire. Everything else can be changed, let me put studs on and I'll be a happy boy.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/26/16 9:42 a.m.

Yeah I agree, the tuning system isn't nearly complete enough. Still, it's a HUGE step in the right direction for codemasters games. Not sure how much more of this we will see from them, I'm more expecting to see DiRT 35 Flat Brimmed Edition, but it's still a great game.

revrico
4/27/16 11:14 a.m.

I got the Group B Quattro last night. Sounds great, but I can't tune the understeer out. Flies though. I did a run completely flatout to try it, which turned into a challenge to blow up the motor. Drives great totally missing the front drivers wheel, hub, and suspension.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/27/16 5:31 p.m.

He understeer was a problem with them in real life, too. Big long engine way forward. The sound is great, though. When I did a championship in group B I picked the delta S4, because it is twin charged. There was literally no other reason for my choice and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/27/16 11:02 p.m.

Hey guys, I think I may be out of luck. I can't get the league to show up in game in my Xbox One. Everyone that has actually managed to post times in the league is playing on PC correct?

I think that I can't get it to show up because the leagues can only accommodate players that are all on the same platform.

Rufledt, when you set it up, did it tell you anything about that?

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/27/16 11:14 p.m.

To add to the confusion, Codemasters doesn't make it clear what platform each league is on. The only way I can tell that the GRM League is for PC(Steam) and not for Xbox One is that when I'm logged into dirtgame.com and have "Steam" selected as a platform, our league show up in search. If I have "Xbox" selected as the platform, it doesn't show up in search...

I've been banging my head against the wall on this for two hours. I like the game but whoever was in charge of making the leagues not cross-platform and then hiding that information has earned my eternal hate. I would have actually spent my money building up a gaming PC instead of buying a Xbox compatible steering wheel if I knew I wouldn't be able to compare times with all of my friends that play on PC...

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/27/16 11:17 p.m.

Huh, that sucks. i thought this was supposed to be cross-platform... It didn't tell me anything when i set it up or when i added you, it worked the same as the others. and yes, i'm using a PC, don't know about the others, though

revrico
4/27/16 11:19 p.m.

While from my side and xbox one is cheaper than building a new gaming rig, that really bugs me. I was thinking of going to the One for prettier graphics and my bigass tv instead of my laptop on ultra low. Now I'm not so sure. But I still need a One for Forza, so I know I'll get it eventually.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/27/16 11:31 p.m.

Yeah, I'm mad because I had a perfectly good G27 steering wheel that works on PC, but my PC is too old and slow. So my options were: A. Get G920 Steering wheel and Dirt the Game for my Xbox OR B. Build up a better PC and get the game for PC.

Option A came out significantly cheaper for me because I found a used G920 on Craigslist but now I'm regretting it because everybody I know is playing on the PC...

I emailed codemasters and posted on their Facebook wall. So hopefully they'll at least confirm if the leagues are in fact not cross-platform.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/28/16 1:00 p.m.

Reply from Codemasters:

"That is correct. Unfortunately the Leagues in Dirt Rally are not cross-platform. Sorry.

Kind regards Rob Codemasters Customer Services"

Dang, I'll probably try to run the same events you guys are running and just post my times up here. It is a lot of fun when you have GRMers to compare to.

Also, if anybody else gets on Xbox, let me know and I'll set up a league for us. We can just mirror the Steam league's events so we can compare.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/29/16 5:30 p.m.

Alright, I set up an Xbox version of our league. I will just make it have the same events as the main (Steam) league. Here is a link: https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/45622/grm-xbox-league

(make sure it is the one that has 45622 in the URL)

Fidelity101 and Jerry, you guys should join. I would love to not be by my lonesome.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
4/30/16 2:47 p.m.
revrico wrote: I just wish we had a choice in tire. Everything else can be changed, let me put studs on and I'll be a happy boy.

Not only do I think they already simulate the studs, I'm pretty sure on the long runs without service they simulate the studs ripping out!

(edit: In Sweden. Haven't noticed it yet at Monaco)

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
4/30/16 2:50 p.m.

If anyone wants to try a good (steam) league, find "RobsRallyLeague"

revrico
4/30/16 3:22 p.m.

In reply to madpanda:

I'm really surprised since everything uses "racenet" we still don't have cross platform support. Come on videogame companies, it's 2016. We've made huge leaps with everything since the 70s, can we please not have to own multiple systems to compete against our friends? Changing consoles shouldn't have to be a group buy anymore

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Kan7mJPt2xrACyivnIRWBr69qnAS0gmm5cS2qJNVaA9aWjq4hjSWOK30JGPv7neA