1 2 3 4 5
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/5/19 11:19 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

My best laps are in the 25's so far. I've been able to string together 7 or 8 in a row though. Looking at the PS4 leaderboard, there are a couple guys down in the 23's (smashingapex and zebra I think), so they may be ones to watch out for besides driver13.

I'll keep practicing, but not sure if I'll get my lap times down much more. Maybe there will be another pileup on lap 1 like last race that I manage to make it through.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/5/19 7:27 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Where is the PS4 leaderboard? 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/5/19 8:47 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

The time trial listing. Have to scroll through a lot of GT1 cars, but eventually you can find some GT3 McLaren times. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/7/19 4:39 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I’d like to do some laps with you at Indy to figure where I am losing a second. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/7/19 4:47 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

No problem, I'll be on tonight.  The only thing is that I'm still trying to figure out where I'm losing a second over the super fast guys...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/7/19 6:16 p.m.

I’m afraid I’ll find I’m a bit slower in all sectors and not just losing a lot of time in one corner. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/8/19 3:45 a.m.

Thanks for the coaching Sauce. Now, I just have to see if I can translate it into faster lap times before Sunday.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/14/19 3:32 p.m.

TJ, did you get dumped early?  I saw you went into the pits early I assume for repair.

Also, it's good to know that SmashingApex is THR Operator, it makes me feel better about not being close.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/14/19 3:49 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Yeah. T7/8 was a clusterberkeley. 

Airstrikes struck. I ended up like a pinball hitting 3 different cars and a wall. Barely made it to the pits. Came out right behind 2nd to last place just a lap down. Worked my way past the slower guys while trying to not disrupt their races since I was a lap down. Got past P14 thru P 9. Had a decent fight with a guy who didn’t want to let me go. I figure he didn’t realize I was 1:25 behind him. Eventually I retired with about 2 mins to go because I was convinced I was going to mess up his race. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/14/19 3:53 p.m.

One of the airstrikes bumped littleregrets wide at T7. One  then pit maneuvered Zebra to gain a place. The other one pit manuever xwolf. I got caught up in the mess. Ended up hitting darkking, littleregrets then xwolf then a wall. 

Had 100 damage rear and 20ish front. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/14/19 3:55 p.m.

I had more fun than last race even though I had a worse showing. 

Choked on qualli. Had clean air mostly (had to pass twisted twice on consecutive laps), but was a second off my pace from the morning practice race. 

What are you going to do with all the prize money you keep winning?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/14/19 5:35 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Quali was weird, I had a hard time matching pace as well but did just enough to be on the front row.  Of course you posted your download to Discord like 1 minute after I posted here, but that sucks man.  To be honest I'm surprised it took that long for the CF to happen but I'm sorry that you took the brunt of it.  Some other people took knocks but you by far took the worst.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/14/19 5:38 p.m.
T.J. said:

Pizza party?

My vote is that it goes towards an exhaust for the race car, but since the wife and I are expecting Sauce Jr pt2 at the end of the year it may go somewhere else.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/19 9:22 p.m.
e30Matt said:
T.J. said:

Pizza party?

My vote is that it goes towards an exhaust for the race car, but since the wife and I are expecting Sauce Jr pt2 at the end of the year it may go somewhere else.

Wait What?  #2?   Like I said once you get the brain damage with the first piling on 2 or 3 more is no problem.  Lol   Congrats !!!!!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/14/19 9:30 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Yeah, congrats on the pending Sauce Jr. #2.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/21/19 10:43 p.m.

Hopefully with more practice laps at Monza I can at least get into the 48’s for qualli and get more consistent at the track overall. I will work on it harder after Watkins Glen. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/25/19 8:25 a.m.

I signed up for the Monza race, but as of right now I am not sure if I will even bother with it as I am really struggling with it. I’ll see if I can change my attitude in the next few days. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/26/19 7:47 a.m.

Did some laps with Sauce last night. Still at least a couple seconds off his pace and still struggling to make it 20 minutes without a wreck/spin/off of some sort. Monza is a track that seems simple, but it is really tricky to get right.

EDIT: The community event time trial is great since can load ghosts. Got a 1:48.0 something. Definitely should be able to get into the 1:47’s with more practice. 

EDITEDIT: I wonder if the community event will provide a little more visibility so that we end up with more than 16 drivers this go around and end up running the heat races then the final.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/26/19 10:59 p.m.

TJ, I saw that you got a lot closer on the time trial, well done.  If you can keep it clean you'll do well.

As for me, well I'm not sure I'm going to make it.  The wife is out of town this weekend and I'm 0-fer on finding a babysitter.  The previous weeks wouldn't have mattered, but pushing 3 hours later and being out out of nap time is an issue.  I'm going ot keep trying, but I don't have that many names left and to be honest it's pretty awkward trying to explain why you need 1.5-2 hours on Sunday afternoon.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/27/19 11:40 a.m.

LOL. That time trial lap was so far an outlier, but still encouraging. I didn't make the time to practice as much as I was hoping yesterday, so I need to work on it today. I am still at the point where I typically only make it a lap or two between incidents and that is with me the only car on the track. I think today I will try and focus on race pace and being more consistent instead of trying to find a tenth in the time trial mode.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/28/19 10:01 a.m.

Did some laps this morning and was able to run decently consistently in the 48's. Fingers crossed for a better result than the previous two races for me.

I slipped down to P6 on the time trial. Driver 13 put in a better lap as did Smashing Apex. Your lap is right in the ballpark with his.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/28/19 6:49 p.m.

Great race Sauce. Seemed like you were right on his rear bumper most of the race. 

dean1484
7/28/19 6:55 p.m.

So did he win?  

dean1484
7/28/19 6:56 p.m.

Is there a link where people can watch?  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/28/19 8:25 p.m.

Thanks TJ. I was really close for the first half, but once I dropped from his draft he pulled a couple seconds.  I actually started gaining ground the last couple laps, and then he made a mistake thinking it was the last lap when it wasn't and let me get a good bit closer.  Final delta was 0.9s.  Overall I'm quite happy with the results but annoyed that I made some stupid mistakes which kept me from giving him an actual challenge. 

Lap 1 he made a mistake in T1 and I took the lead, and then I proceeded  to run wide at the exit of the 2nd chicane and give it right back.  However, he was slow through both Lesmo's and I had to do my best not to hit him.  It was very clever race craft of lifting where it isn't expected to get the pack to jam up a bit and get your own space.  Risky move against some drivers, but we kept it mostly clean.  I also caught too much Italian Sausage on one lap and cost myself 0.8s that I could ill afford to lose.  There were some general small errors that added up too, but really those two were worth the better part of 3 seconds.

Dean:

https://mixer.com/TeamBeyondnet?vod=vVEHXV2J1ky5wAKgqcf10w

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H9dUyXPbaCOXyAEW2oNPlPh6EIPIdeEvX1b3XWfotBCR4lZQyMeiFk0tuRjwCutH