1 2 3
Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/16 2:52 p.m.

Managed to post up the third fastest time for Oreca Nissan on the time trials. Wasn't my best lap but I am still 2 seconds off the best time. My fastest practice time is a 1:37.1 I have no idea how to find the 1:34 pace that the P2 coupes are running.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/15/16 3:00 p.m.

In time trial or practice?

Argo1
5/15/16 3:31 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

I think my time trial lap was a 38.2 Just tried it once. My best lap in practice was a 37.1

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/16 4:30 p.m.

The biggest problem at the moment is your time overlaps with the gt6 group. Also you start at 10:00 on eastern? That is a bit to late for me. The 9:00 eastern start for gt6 is pushing it but I also understand that the left coast people need this. .

BradLTL
5/15/16 4:47 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: The biggest problem at the moment is your time overlaps with the gt6 group. Also you start at 10:00 on eastern? That is a bit to late for me. The 9:00 eastern start for gt6 is pushing it but I also understand that the left coast people need this. .

Yea, that and it is the time I can reliably get my kid to bed.

Argo is right though, Dean, once you go to Project Cars you won't go back to GT6. There is a huge gap between the games. You'll go from being a Pro back to amateur and having to earn each lap and position. It took Argo and I about half the first series to get on pace with the bots.

It's time to upgrade.

Argo1
5/15/16 11:18 p.m.

Dean, our races may start later but they finish about the same time as the GT6 races. We only run one race, not four.

BradLTL
5/16/16 8:42 a.m.

Yea, and the way Project Cars works... the game keeps you on schedule. I can complete a session early (i.e. practice) but the clock runs and when a session is over, that's it. The game moves on whether you are ready or not. It adds some nice tension to the mix.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/16/16 9:07 a.m.

You guys are going to lap me in about 10 minutes if you are turning 1:38 at Glen in LMP2 and that is good for a top 50 time globally.

So that begs two questions, 1 where are you getting your times? I found some here. and second we are doing Watkins Glen GP right?

BradLTL
5/16/16 9:28 a.m.

I'm not in the 38s yet. I should be able to get some practice the next 2 days and hope to get there, but keep in mind that all goes out the window when traffic gets on the track.

Yes, we are running the GP.

As far as where to get time (compared to GT cars), these cars have aero. You can hear it. You just have to get brave and keep your foot in it around some corners. You can carry a lot more speed than you probably think or are used to in a GT car.

Also, I started the Series 2 thread. I'm trying the use of a registration form. Hopefully it saves some time and ensures I don't mess anything up.

Argo1
5/16/16 9:32 a.m.

Flight, I always look to the in-game time trial times in order to get a benchmark for what times I need to shoot for at any given track. Don't worry about your times. It takes a while to gain pace. Also, race pace is much slower than practice or qualifying. Starting at the rear and working your way forward is also the easiest way to gain experience.

BradLTL
5/16/16 4:03 p.m.

Here's a reasonable lap. Wasn't my fastest of the session, but should help you get up to speed. Was going to be in the 38s until I touched the wall, still ended up 39.4

https://www.youtube.com/embed/n4W3itksjj4

Argo1
5/17/16 12:58 a.m.

Took a stab at a quick race. Should have practiced more. Wrong first and second gears. Tires too hot. Brakes overheated. Driver overheated...

Watkins Glen LMP2 Quick Race

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/17/16 5:17 a.m.

I think I can be competitive if I can get consistent

BradLTL
5/17/16 6:24 a.m.

In a quick race session yesterday the pole lap time by a bot was 36.7. I was only able to get to 9th, but the gaps were pretty tight for the next few positions.

Overtaking is going to be challenging.

Argo1
5/17/16 7:18 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: I think I can be competitive if I can get consistent

The RWD seems to be the quicker car of the three based on posted times.

BradLTL
5/17/16 7:25 a.m.
Argo1 wrote:

The bot with the pole position was in the RWD

BradLTL
5/17/16 7:32 a.m.

Both of you need to register for the official series 2: HERE

I'm posting it to GTPlanet and PCars Forums today.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/17/16 12:58 p.m.
Argo1 wrote:

I'm not saying I knew that when I picked my car, but....

BradLTL
5/18/16 3:33 p.m.

I'm feeling very mid-pack tonight. I really haven't added much to pace, but am a lot more consistent. Just ran a quick race to get comfortable with other cars on the track. The game glitched (I think?) and the car on pole ran a 1:11 (Oreca). Pretending that didn't happen, the next couple cars were all in the 29s. I started 10th (random) and made it up to 7th by the end of the race. 4-5-6 were all right in front of me for the entire race, I just couldn't do anything about it. I not fast in any place that I could make a move. I tried once and couldn't get it to stick even with a bit of contact.

I also noticed that I'm not getting the dynamite starts that I'm used to in these cars. I actually tend to lose ground at the start.

Complain, complain, complain... you know just like a real driver. It wasn't me, the car just wasn't as good today.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/18/16 5:57 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: Both of you need to register for the official series 2: HERE I'm posting it to GTPlanet and PCars Forums today.

Done, I have no idea what Stream is? Are we talking about the one that occurs in nature or what I put in the toilet that best not cross?

BradLTL
5/18/16 6:00 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

The PS4 can broadcast your gameplay live, they call it a Stream. Typically it is on a site called Twitch.

That's what I use to get the replays.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/19/16 5:18 a.m.

Well that was fun. Still need to work on my consistancy, work on pit strategy, and how to calculate fuel load... I just checked and those two race times I posted of 1:35.999 and 1:35.954 would be as 22nd on the Steam Leaderboard and the second fastest with a controller. I can live with that.

Argo1
5/19/16 7:31 a.m.

Practice and qualifying went decent for me. Ended up sharing the front row with Flight on the pole only .3 second quicker. Little did we know that he had a bit more in the bag . Race was a different story. I didn't get a good jump off of the line and got swallowed up by the cars behind heading in to turn one. Got bumped off the track and lost it trying to re-enter and hit the wall. Got back going in last place with suspension and aero damage. It went downhill from there. Crossed the finish line with most of the bodywork missing. Didn't finish last because Flight politely decided to run out of gas with two laps remaining.

These LMP2 cars are fast and a lot of fun. I need more practice and some work on pit strategy before next week. Visibility isn't great and traffic is a challenge. I need more traffic practice to be comfortable. The Oreca isn't the fastest compared to the two coupes but I think that I have a tire wear and fuel consumption advantage that could be helpful in the longer races.

BradLTL
5/19/16 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Argo1:

I was irritated when you made contact passing me, causing me to high center a curb and eat the barrier. Then I watched my replay and realized you were actually a lap down, and that really ticked me off. And then I watched your replay and realized it was nothing personal, you were bouncing off EVERYTHING last night. Care to explain the epic meltdown that was you race?

Argo's Race Replay, you know if you like smut films.

BradLTL
5/19/16 8:30 a.m.

I like the LMP2 cars. They are fun, fast and challenging. I didn't have the pace of Flight (that was a surprise) or Argo, but nonetheless turned a 37.9 in as a Qualifying time, which was only 0.4 off the pole. Good enough for a 7th place start.

My race didn't start great. I bogged the start and gave up a position and a lot of space to the cars around me, so I compensated by trying to out brake everyone into T1. I locked up my rear tires and went for a bit of a ride, coming out dead last. That was resolved before the next corner as I passed Argo turning donuts just up the road.

For the next 10 minutes or so I was in GREAT battles with some of the bots. Lots of passing back and forth, tight racing, and surprising clean. I was sweating like crazy, but managed to climb up to 8th. Then some lapped back marker came out of the pits and was a bit over aggressive attempting a pass in the esses (not advised) and clipped my nose. That caused me to jump the curb, get high centered and hit a barrier at a pretty high speed. I took damage to both my aero and suspension. I debated staying out and fighting through it, but decided I would rather drive a car that handled correctly and dove to the pits. I was in the pits in 9th and came out 13th trailing the cars in front by about 5 seconds.

It took a couple laps, but I started reeling the next car ahead of me. When I finally got it in sight it wasn't a single car but about 7 all stuck together. Between Argo spinning and Flight running out of gas, I managed to get by a couple cars and climb back to 10th. Last lap, I was close to 2 cars in front and I just tried to get as close as possible. I got a great run coming out of T7 and easily got by into 9th. I was side-by-side into T8 and I may have used my elbows a bit to force the pass. I made my car as wide as I could for the last couple corners, and held on to 8th at the finish.

I had a blast. This was probably my favorite PCars race yet.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pMrS8rM00r0

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IzYR6C2cMJTNCvfumyHxm34ZBMdAFoULpjfsZctlHWMMzMx3Lywol9Rlu54P2eTp