Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
4/8/21 3:12 p.m.

The league that I am a part of that races on Wednesday nights, which unfortunately interferes with the Assetto Corsa you folks run has started to get a bit more technical.  Well I have gotten a bit more technical.  I have been getting in and testing Twitch.tv and OBS (Online Broadcasting) to stream our races.  It is getting better and last night I streamed and recorded our Qualifying and Race at Sonoma with the IP2 mod. Both are league specific but it does show how close our group runs.  I have tweaked it a bit more so next week should be a bit better.   For now, here is the link to what I posted on my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/nsqzCTNOSiU

You can also find me as mkirby924 on Twitch if you want to watch live.  Next week we are going to be running Early 70's Trans-Am cars.  So Mustangs, Camaros, Javelins.  Should be fun.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
4/15/21 12:26 p.m.

So this week was week one running the 1970's Trans-Am mod in our league.  These things are big, hairy beasts that needed a tender Tootsie in order to keep them in line or on line period.  Have a look and let me know if you want me to keep posting these here.  Have fun and keep the wheels on the ground.  :)  

1970's Trans-Am mod with LoPeN racing

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
4/22/21 8:33 a.m.

Another week and another ground pounding adventure with classic Trans-Am cars.  This week my little league came north of the border to the classic track of Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant.  It was an older version of the course, not the new one that is up on Assetto Corsa but it just showed how tricky, and fun this track was.  Not much in terms of car sound, I need to figure that out.  It was there last week on the recording but not this week.  Lots of chat from my end, so mute it if you want, but enjoy the spills, spins and close racing.

Trans-Am at Mont Tremblant Quebec.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
4/29/21 8:29 a.m.

Last nights race at Riverside. 

Big cars on the old track at Riverside

demnted
demnted New Reader
4/29/21 10:39 a.m.

Looks like a fun time. Can you give me the lowdown for dummies? I.e. exactly what needed to join in?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
4/29/21 10:59 a.m.

How many lap races are you guys doing?  I jumped around a bit in the video but couldn't tell easily (and I'm not watching a 1.5hour stream).  How tight are the finishes?  Looks like a lot of fun.

Last night we had 9 people running and pretty much the first 6 corners are just giant pileups lol

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
5/13/21 7:30 a.m.

Hi Darwin;

Our races are normally 50 minute events.  The running is always pretty close.  The guys configured a script that will randomly generate a yellow up to 3 times during a race to ensure we do not get too spread out but normally the pack is close.  We swtiched to a new mod that we have run before which is a 1980's F1 mod.  Our fields are getting larger now, up to 15 or more depending on the time of year and what people are doing. 

Paul Ricard F1

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
5/20/21 7:50 a.m.

For those interested in classic Formula 1, last nights race with my On-line group did not disappoint.  Started 5th, ran to the battle for the lead, got leaned on dropped back and came back to finish 4th less than a car length from the podium.  Enjoy the race. Oh and just a quick spoiler it was a McLaren that took the win, just like back then.  LOL

Portugal F1 in 1988

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
6/3/21 10:00 a.m.

I know I didn't post up last weeks race, with the new job I just didn't have the time to do it.  This week was a close call as well, youtube wasn't wanting to publish.  We did get it.  This race was a humdinger.  

Formula 1 in Jerez Spain

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
6/17/21 1:07 p.m.

Here is a good one to watch.  Our numbers are going down a bit during the summer months, but it is something we go through all the time.  My online race group just started a run with the Australian V8 SuperCars.  These big brute are not easy to tune, because alot of the areas are mandated and we tend to follow those rules.  So lots of power, not a lot of tuning and we threw them onto the Gold Coast street circuit.  Take a watch and enjoy.  

V8 Thunder Down Under

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
7/15/21 7:33 a.m.

Phillip Island V8 SuperCars

My rFactor Group finished off our run with the V8 Super Cars down under last night.  Some real good, close racing.  Also some great and some not so great strategy played out, but can't deny the close racing these cars bring our group.  Enjoy.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/15/21 7:54 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

How many lap races are you guys doing?  I jumped around a bit in the video but couldn't tell easily (and I'm not watching a 1.5hour stream).  How tight are the finishes?  Looks like a lot of fun.

Last night we had 9 people running and pretty much the first 6 corners are just giant pileups lol

So like low IR iRacing? 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/15/21 8:26 a.m.
z31maniac said:
ProDarwin said:

So like low IR iRacing? 

I haven't done iRacing, but I imagine somewhat like that lol.  Its not necessarily a lack of skill.  There are no consequences so people get silly, many of us are drinking, sometimes we are driving complete abominations, etc.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
7/15/21 12:44 p.m.

@ProDarwin:  Laps are not really counted with us.  We tend to do two races a week.  a 30 minute "Sprint" on Tuesdays and a 50 minute on Wednesdays.  Depending on car and track we can get up to a good 50 lap race or a 25 lap.  We find that these cars bring some really good close racing.  When we start the 911 GT3 RSR next week they also provide great action.  

Our group has been running for a good while together.  From some of the conversation, you will notice that we have lost 1 or two during the time we have been running.  I think from the 8 or 9 that started, we normally finish everyone.  Last night was a bit different with bad fuel levels at the start and home owner wierdness.  So 3 didn't finish.  

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
7/29/21 9:53 a.m.

Last night my racing group went to Mexico with Porsche  911 GT3s.  I stayed in for a couple of laps and then, well crashed out.  It happens and this track is not one of my favourites.  I just cannot get the rythym of it.  So I got alot of out side car, close racing action of the others in the group.  Enjoy.  

911s In Mexico

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
2/23/23 2:44 p.m.

My new internet doesn't have the power to stream, the upload is abit on the low side.  So I have decided to pivot a bit and instead of doing a stream. I  have tried to do video editing.   The first video is up and the second is on the way.  

Let me know what you think. 

LeMans cars at Mosport

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8Y6HtAyRrrcha2WuYFnyIzrZv4Hvsj8BSF60MTYDaGNvkGI3Vpew6hPQG5BY4xZX