1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/11/15 6:47 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: ...Here is my car, dubbed "The moving chicane of Mulsanne"...

Uhm, no. The moving chicanes will be wedge shaped.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
6/11/15 7:53 p.m.

Looks like I 'should' be able to make this one. No time for testing, so someone suggest me a car. I wanted the delta wing, but looks like Air has that one already. I could run the new Nissan GTR of its not been called for already.

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
6/11/15 8:10 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Looks like I 'should' be able to make this one. No time for testing, so someone suggest me a car. I wanted the delta wing, but looks like Air has that one already. I could run the new Nissan GTR of its not been called for already.

Duplicates are allowed and there are 2 paint schemes for the Delta Wing, so you're free to run it.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/15 8:12 p.m.

Bentley is a good car. Sounds nice. Drives ok. Faster than the 908 don't know how it is on fuel.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/11/15 8:30 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: Ok, let's say that when the caution occurs I'm 20 sec. behind first place in 6th place. Can I go ahead and pit then catch up with P1 - or at least get as close as possible?

Yes you can.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/15 8:31 p.m.

So, when the "yellow" comes out, is it a race back to the line or do we hold our positions?

Argo1
6/11/15 8:32 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: In reply to Graefin10: That us what I am going to do. Grid up for the restart. Just no passing under yellow. Hay Argo what us the policy on restarts. Do lap cars go to the back of is it a frozen grid and you start where you are in the grid. If a lap car happens to be between first and second to bad. That us how you start.

Frozen field. No passing under yellow. Lap cars start where they are. (Of course, pit stops may jumble things)

Argo1
6/11/15 8:33 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Looks like I 'should' be able to make this one. No time for testing, so someone suggest me a car. I wanted the delta wing, but looks like Air has that one already. I could run the new Nissan GTR of its not been called for already.

There are two different Delta Wings though I would love someone to run the new Nissan GT-R.

Argo1
6/11/15 8:35 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: So, when the "yellow" comes out, is it a race back to the line or do we hold our positions?

Hold position. Stay in order and catch up with the leader.

Argo1
6/11/15 8:49 p.m.

What gods do we pray to in order to get a clean race room with no glitching? We will do a front straight line up "roll call" before the start of qualifying to ensure that everyone is in the room and that everyone can see all the competitors.

mrmudd583
mrmudd583 New Reader
6/11/15 9:10 p.m.

I will try the Bentley , for us old blind folk will driving line be allowed ?

I tried the new Nissan gtr and found it to be quite the handful and just plain weird to drive !!

Argo1
6/11/15 9:17 p.m.
mrmudd583 wrote: I will try the Bentley , for us old blind folk will driving line be allowed ? I tried the new Nissan gtr and found it to be quite the handful and just plain weird to drive !!

Driving line? Yeah, there's a little white dotted thing in the middle of the road. No aides except TC and ABS. And Shhhhhh on the Nissan. We're trying to get Spool to drive it.

Argo1
6/11/15 9:28 p.m.

This is shaping up to be an epic event. We have a great field with a lot of variety. Here is what I have so far:

Dean - Peugeot 908 Base Orange

Brad - Peugeot 908 Base Blue

Grae - Courage-Judd GV5 #18

T.J. - Audi R8 '01

Spool - Delta Wing

Air - Delta Wing LeMans

Nick - Audi R8 '06

Mudd - Bentley Speed 8

Argo - Courage-Judd GV5 #17

Sauce - Peugeot 908

Did I miss anyone?

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
6/11/15 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Argo1:

I'm not sure I can make it at this point so I've avoided claiming a car that someone who knew they could might take. I should know tomorrow if I can make it, at which point I'll arbitrarily pick a car since the only practice I've done was after the races Sunday night and that wasn't much of a test. I know it won't be the Bentley as I didn't much care for it, but I might try one of the Audis if they aren't terrible to drive.

Argo1
6/11/15 11:44 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt: Audi's are easy to drive and competitive. The R10 is available.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/11/15 11:50 p.m.

Question / Consideration:

What will the draft be set at?

Normally we run High for passing reasons, but with this race you might want to run Real. There is unlikely to be much close racing and High could create collision issues as well as running out of gear in most cars.

Argo1
6/12/15 12:48 a.m.

In reply to aircooled: It is set to high at the present time. The limited running that I did with other cars revealed no real issues. It seemed to make passing cleanly easier.

Others have spent more time practicing with others. What say ye?

BradLTL
6/12/15 6:14 a.m.

I say, high is fine, but we need to avoid the temptation to use it to try and immediately re-pass on Mulsanne. That is where there will be contact.

BradLTL
6/12/15 1:56 p.m.

@Air... your target lap time in the DeltaWing is 3:41

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/12/15 3:05 p.m.

We will see. Those things are a beast to drive fast. The bumps where killing me when I tried it. I will have to turn my force feedback down or I will be shot by the end.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
6/12/15 3:14 p.m.

Sub 3:40 times on the delta wing are possible, I just don't that you can make those repeatable for an hour +. I still have to unlock the GTR. My game keeps freezing on the last GT academy challenge. If not I'll hop in the other delta wing. Air, which one are you using?

EDIT: for authenticity, we should all use cockpit views

Argo1
6/12/15 3:47 p.m.

Everyone's target lap times and fuel consumption calculations are wonderful but...

be prepared for this, and plenty of it, just like at LeMans this year:

http://youtu.be/UxjnaA1oU_s

Strategies out the window. The one who doesn't make mistakes and adapts their strategy on the fly will win.

I am going back to my original ride, #17 Courage-Judd, strictly to piss off my son. (and the Audi was boring..)

Make certain that you have purchased rain tires for your car before the race!

(P.S. - 900ft/lbs of torque is NOT an asset in the wet!)

BradLTL
6/12/15 3:51 p.m.
Argo1 wrote: Everyone's target lap times and fuel consumption calculations are wonderful but...

I'm sure that is exactly how the Dr. Ullrich debriefs the Audi team.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/12/15 4:14 p.m.

I'll still be without TCS or ABS. I just can't bring myself to turn the nannies on. Beware the ugly Audi

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
6/12/15 4:47 p.m.

What about the new Nissan LMP2 car? I know it's down on PP compared to others, but it could be more fuel effecient. Is it legal?

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BtSebHHrhd6HYBa62B8RDTRNilGC6kyTSVdGsSTe0DJnOaG4eNVWWSFaIpaIqTYJ