1 2
Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/22/14 9:39 a.m.
dean1484 wrote:
BoxheadTim wrote: Got all the updates installed, big difference. Currently working my way through the novice races so they'll allow me online. Clearly it's completely unrealistic as a simulator, I bested my real live lap time around Brands Htach (short circuit) on the second attempt...
or you are that good

Well of course you were faster than IRL lap times at Brands. You don't have skid recovery force, traction control, and steering assist force in real cars!

Sarcasm over. (Really though every time you get into a car for the first time the you must turn off all the assists. This is a GT standard practice. After the first change you don't have to change it again it will retain your settings PER CAR not globally.)

So the never ending debate will always be how real it is. I remember back in 2009 the debate about iRacing was if the game was artificially adjusted to make the lap times equal real life.

I think that there are too many factors for us to banter about and have any real success in knowing exactly why the variance is there. It would make for a great computer science and psychology research grant. To help understand how virtual world is perceived versus physics anomaly, which is the greater contributor to the laptime differences.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/22/14 12:18 p.m.
Advan046 wrote:
dean1484 wrote:
BoxheadTim wrote: Got all the updates installed, big difference. Currently working my way through the novice races so they'll allow me online. Clearly it's completely unrealistic as a simulator, I bested my real live lap time around Brands Htach (short circuit) on the second attempt...
or you are that good
Well of course you were faster than IRL lap times at Brands. You don't have skid recovery force, traction control, and steering assist force in real cars!

I didn't, but instead of a Honda Fit I had an Integra Type-R and an instructor who knows what he's doing .

Well, I managed to get through to the National B license, so hopefully over the next couple of days I'll be able to get the National A license sorted out so I can finally activate the online component.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5N6CTukGaULMT5pa59j3GvjBz4ZO81tujXhORD6IkVLs5mKhhuyMmlDw7dfwGfvj