Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/10/16 3:56 p.m.

Used some gift certificates to take a chance on this and have NOT been disappointed.

I've played solo nearly the whole time and have been challenged most of the time by the enemy AI. Apparently, some of the baddies near the end are mercenaries who employ realistic tactics when clearing rooms and communicate with each other to berk your day up.

SWMBO even got into the spirit, as we made her into a "tactical, yet stylish" avatar last night to play with.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/11/16 9:46 a.m.

For now the price is keeping me away, but ever since the teaser vids came out I have really wanted this game.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
3/17/16 5:54 a.m.

Picked it up last night. Wanted to wait until they patched the deal where people could stand in doorways of safehouses or mission-critical locations and block you so you couldn't go past. Definitely a very cool game, pretty tough at times, but also kinda buggy. I had the baseball bat guys just appear out of thin air next to me behind cover and kill me, unloaded a clip into a guy and he kept running around and suffered no damage and then 10 seconds later he stopped moving and all the damage occurred, and another moment where none of the enemies spawned when they should have.

What's your gamertag, Penguin? Maybe I'll join you in the wasteland.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/19/16 7:26 p.m.

All the reviews say the AI is weak and predictable. And that the enemies are tanks requiring complete clips of ammo to down.

Idk. In Diablo 3 that seems ok, but in a modern shooter it feels wrong.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
3/21/16 2:24 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

I don't feel that they are that predictable, aside from the baseball bat guys but they don't have a hell of a lot of options and they have sneaked up on me while I was pinned down by suppressive fire and killed me. They do require a lot of rounds from assault rifles, but shotguns practically mow people down in one burst. And it's not really a modern shooter simulator, more of a third-person shooter/RPG hybrid.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LQzRr4uUSpbWB8B51T2Yq13ddcGSThs7eUex5n2lUBqWbTUawvlpTbcRatFETXcM