RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/15/19 1:04 p.m.

So yes, the trio has a game now, just released today in preparation for season 3. 

It has one episode from seasons one and two, where you get to drive the cars, complete three challenges, and screw around, but season 3 which premieres Friday, will be added in weekly as interactive episodes. 

So far I am partway through episode one. The graphics are impressive for a $15 game. I've raced several cars, completed laps in Portugal, the Eboladrome, and in the desert, all while watching the episode, and interacting with the group.

I think it has promise. I suspect the canned sound bytes from the boys every time you doing something good, cool, or bad will get very old very quick. Fairly linear gameplay, but they designed it for split screen multiplayer, and I could see it being a blast with a group of friends. I just wish there was online

Also depending on how season 3 goes, it could really be a hoot. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/15/19 4:55 p.m.

I played it at the LA auto show.  What I played was essentially Mario Kart (power ups, slow down other etc). It sounds like it was just a part of it.  You could play 4 player split screen with was nice. If you like Mario Kart, you should like it.  It was very arcade like in controls (e.g. drifting through corners made you take corners faster).  

RevRico
1/15/19 5:33 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

That's actually a big part of it. I've finished the first two episodes, well 24/26 gold medals, and Mario kart is an apt comparison. Unless you're alone for speed or drift run, there are the power ups scattered to use against the other guys. 

It's fun so far, but definitely quick going. There's a stat for time played online, so I'm hoping that comes sooner rather than later.

RevRico
1/24/19 8:16 a.m.

The Rimac just berkeleys off. Any track, against any vehicle, it's just gone. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
1/24/19 3:52 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

But does it fly off the track, catch fire, and kick you out of the game for the next round?

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/24/19 5:30 p.m.
RevRico said:

The Rimac just berkeleys off. Any track, against any vehicle, it's just gone. 

I find that to be berkeleying hilarious!  But only because no hamsters suffered career ending injuries in the original incident...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/1/19 12:58 p.m.

So we're up to episode 8 of the Grand Tour, that means 8 updates have come out so far. 

I've been playing them every friday after watching the episode the night before. 

I gotta say, I've paid way more for way worse driving games, or games in general. It's pretty fun to play by yourself, and if you have kids or friends that come over every now and then, the local split screen should be a blast. 

If it goes on sale, or you're just curious, buy it and check it out. Trust me, you've spent more for worse. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/8/19 9:34 p.m.

25% of this week in the Xbox store making it $11.25. Even without online, it is definitely worth that price. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5wPMhX1IVJQ3WbEk4qTuhgFPrJXRwgMm6VNlL2J1vErC5ncR5ctw5PWnIUoVWaUg