solfly
solfly Reader
6/16/14 9:43 a.m.

I had posted last week about wanting to start a time trial series for those of us that struggled to get on Forza at specific times for wheel-to-wheel racing.

After rethinking things I have decided to open up a series much like one I ran about ten years back on Gran Turismo.

Here's how it works:

I/we will come up with a set of parameters. Typically a year range, body style etc and some performance limitations.

I/we choose a main track.

Entrants have a time period to build their car and test, maybe a week or two?

Entries are due at the end of the time period.

You then submit times for the following:

1/4 mile drag Main Track lap time "Autocross" lap time (We'll use a small, tight track for this) Concourse Photos

Obviously the lap/drag times will be the most important factor toward determining the winner of each competition. The concourse entry is optional but could be the difference between a win or second place. For the concourse portion each entrant will have one vote to be used on another competitor's car. Whoever has the most votes will win "best in show" and get a slight bump in their overall score.

I'm not at the game right now but I will post the first set of parameters soon and tweak them as needed.

This is designed for Forza 5 but I will open this to Forza 4 as well, if there is a car/tracks in 4 as well. If you're using 4 and lacking one of the tracks then enter the info you can and we'll have a separate F4 winner too. If you have an older version or even Gran Turismo I'll allow entries, assuming the appropriate cars/tracks are there.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/16/14 9:43 a.m.

Reserved for Results

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/16/14 9:46 a.m.

Finding a car and track that is available in all may be quite the challenge.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/16/14 9:51 a.m.

Submission Form

Event Name: GRM Screen Name: XBL Gamertag:

Car Year/Make/Model:

Full Modification List:

PI: Horsepower: Weight:

1/4 Mile Time: Circuit Lap Time: "Autocross" Time:

solfly
solfly Reader
6/16/14 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Flyin Mikey J:

It won't be limited to an actual specific car. This is gonna be mainly for F5 but if another game meets the specific requirements for the event those folks are welcome. If they can do a car but not all the tracks they can do an "exhibition" entry with the parts they can do.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/16/14 10:27 a.m.

Challenge Number One

Thanks Mom and Dad

or

Pizza Delivery: Serious Business

The Car:

FWD

Under 200HP

Allowed Mods:

Intake/Exhaust (No "race") NO OTHER ENGINE MODS

Wheels

Up to Sport Tires

Tire Width/Diameter

Suspension is wide open

No adjustable Aero

Up to Stage 2 Weight Reduction

1st stage transmission only

CLASS D

The Tracks:

1/4 mile drag

Shortest Catalunya

Road Atlanta

I'm not at the game right now so I will review these parameters tonight and make any changes or clarifications that are needed. If you see anything that is questionable or wrong let me know.

I'll leave this one open until 6/23 at 5PM EST.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/17/14 6:22 p.m.

anyone?

chrispy
chrispy Reader
6/18/14 8:10 a.m.

I have FM4 so no Long Beach but I'll give the rest a try. Is that any width/diameter? Gotta figure out how to post pics from the game - never done it before.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/18/14 10:15 a.m.

yes any diameter/width

lets do road atlanta instead so the F4 crew can run this one

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fZUSt2RXs1dt0MXNnxwzW0Jw8VaWaCHwozasrQnu1ueondN2dbMoKapkehXfIrBq