1 2 3 ... 8
Kartoffelbrei
Kartoffelbrei UltraDork
9/13/16 6:34 p.m.

I see a bunch of you playing the demo. Thoughts?

MacDubois
MacDubois New Reader
9/14/16 8:17 a.m.

I was able to get in about an hour last night. The demo doesn't go to deep, but gives a nice taste of the vehicle types and the new location. It's very pretty and there is lots to explore. The online racing that I was able to do was a little laggy, although that could have been the opponent. The online free roam was effectively the same as single player free roam, except the other drivers tend to clump together so they are less in your way if you are attempting to clear a drift zone. The online freeroam seems similar in practice to Need For Speed but a little clunkier.

The Penhall Cholla is a blast to drive.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/14/16 10:56 a.m.

I think it's the arcade racer I've been llooking for. Although, without tuning, the handling is pretty rough, to me. I might have to pick it up, just regular or deluxe seems to be the question.

failboat
failboat UberDork
9/14/16 1:12 p.m.

I read you cant upgrade the cars in the demo, but I am assuming it may be the same type of parts interface of the previous horizon games. Like the forza series but with no tuning, but you can sort of "tune" the feel cars by playing with the different levels of parts.

The screenshots I have seen look great. I will definitely get for PC. Once I get a new PC.

MacDubois
MacDubois New Reader
9/14/16 3:07 p.m.

It looks like you should be able to tune in the full game, the interface is pretty much the same as FM6, but everything was locked on the vehicle I selected.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/14/16 5:17 p.m.

It doesn't drive like 1 or 2. I can't brake tappreciate into a slide like the earlier ones. It sticks a lot better. Plus holden! Though it didn't think that oI pr1ck was as funny as I did for a plate. The comment about being aussie and appreciating cursing was nice though.

Kartoffelbrei
Kartoffelbrei UltraDork
9/14/16 7:46 p.m.

I went with my tried and true Water G8 plates.

RevRico
9/14/16 9:59 p.m.

Jst found out the demo starts over again? Guess I really do need to preorder.

Man I love that holden Ute though, can't wait to force it into my driving style in the full game

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/14/16 10:56 p.m.
Kartoffelbrei wrote: I went with my tried and true Water G8 plates.

And just now am I realizing you done changed names again.

Kartoffelbrei
Kartoffelbrei UltraDork
9/15/16 5:54 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Yeah, I had a shiny happy person following me about. But, my XBL name is the same.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/15/16 5:57 p.m.

The plates gave it away.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/18/16 8:14 a.m.
mndsm wrote: It doesn't drive like 1 or 2. I can't brake tappreciate into a slide like the earlier ones. It sticks a lot better. Plus holden! Though it didn't think that oI pr1ck was as funny as I did for a plate. The comment about being aussie and appreciating cursing was nice though.

Are all your assists off? Much different feel when TCS and ABS is off. The Holden was much driftier.

RevRico
9/19/16 9:12 a.m.

Deluxe edition is preordered, downloaded, and mocking me that I can't play for another week.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
9/21/16 8:51 a.m.

Looking forward to starting my Horizon festival early on Friday because I helped out a coworker earlier this week.

The only wrinkle in the plan is that Friday is the girlfriend's day off. Perhaps an offering of dinner will buy me enough game time to get past the ground covered in the demo.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/23/16 7:12 a.m.

So, a 1.49GB update before I can even play the game?

RevRico
9/23/16 11:01 a.m.

I hate you guys. Should have spent the extra from the get go so I could play this weekend, seeing it won't let me upgrade from deluxe to ultimate.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
9/23/16 7:37 p.m.

Don't worry, mine is taking forever downloading the game from xbl. Not sure why, as I have the disc on. Oh well.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
9/25/16 7:14 a.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon:

That's odd, I thought maybe Microsoft had fixed that. I installed the Bioshock collection the other night while SWMBO was watching her shows and had all three games installed in under an hour.

I was used to taking the system offline, downloading from the disc and then getting back on XBL.

Maybe there's a setting or something that I changed, idk.

RevRico
9/25/16 5:35 p.m.

Mine was doing that with the main download of Horizon, as well as a few other games, and lagging out playing online. How old is your router?

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
9/27/16 4:34 p.m.

There's a GRM club on there that I setup. My XBL is RM Tricky Nixon, so feel free to add me, and I'll send you an invite. We do a lot of co-op stuff online, and it's pretty advantageous.

RevRico
9/27/16 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon:

I'll look for it when I get home tonight. Only about 2 hours in, but man, it's better than the demo

NickD
NickD Dork
9/28/16 12:31 p.m.

I thought about getting it, but every Horizon game I've played, I play for about 10 hours and then get bored in a hurry. People think it's weird that as a car guy, I really don't tend to play racing games at all.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
9/28/16 3:19 p.m.

Enjoying it so far. Its a good blend of forza and something more arcade. Really enjoying the outback area and offroad events

RevRico
9/29/16 8:10 a.m.

So I have most of the grm members xbox tags on my friends list, but laguna roadster is the only person showing up on my friend leaderboard. Weak.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/30/16 3:31 a.m.

Some of the cars I've driven in this game have absolutely E36 M3ty brakes in stock form. I had to put sport brakes on my 2016 SS Camaro because the 'stock' street pads would not even make the tires lock up. I've had it happen with a few other cars as well, but it was really noticeable yesterday, for some reason.

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oNx7QSYfdw8vZE6lyzoOgqHIrY44uZ9hrO8h7emD6v0KOhVANmrPw2GhE96Imkqs