1 2
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/28/20 5:42 p.m.

I'd also include the Durrocco. (Twin engine Scirocco)

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
3/30/20 6:32 p.m.

As long as a certain Subaru 360 van is included, I'm in.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
3/31/20 11:39 a.m.

I'm all for the challenge cars and some other crapcan racers from members (lemons, luckydog, chumpchamp, aer, wrl, etc) 

Like FM7 really needs a CD5 Accord, the USS Enterprise, and a TDI Beetle that rolls coal. 

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
4/1/20 3:29 a.m.
Colin Wood said:

Now that I'm not commuting too and from the office, I have a little more time to waste playing videogames.

More recently, I've been playing a lot Forza Horizon 4 because I can't really afford a project car at the moment.

Despite that, the point I'm trying to make is that there is always at least a few branded car packs that you can get for a little extra money. Regardless how you feel about DLCs, I was wondering if Grassroots Motorsports ever had the opportunity to make a car pack for a game like Forza, what should go in it?

I've had the idea bouncing around in my head for a few days, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

IIRC, F4 was the one I created the 2200lb/200hp series for us ten years ago. Was supposed to be a virtual SCCA Improved Touring thing, and it kinda worked. The online community still had custom private lobbies, though. We could all run together and treated them like real cars. 

At the time, I would have liked more GRM stuff like '80s Honda products (2nd Gen Prelude, 1st Gen Acura Integra, although the game had stuff like the 2G CRX and some older Civics), and things like the various Chrysler K-car stuff like the Omni 024 & Dodge Daytona, and especially the Shelby versions of them. I think the thing that bothers me about later versions of Forza is that they really don't consider lower class racing as worthwhile, and the only opportunities to race small cars is to allow a successful player to 'move up' to a faster class. I *do* remember having to reset E, D, and C class races to 'full size' racetracks, because the default courses for those classes were truncated. I'll admit that I'm a 'slow car fast' kinda guy, even when they're not real cars. Doesn't cost as much to have so many cars in a virtual garage. :D

I didn't buy F7 because I'd heard about modified cars being kicked out of race series because they were the wrong 'class' regardless of PI, and that Forza was adding 'loot crates', rather than allowing your wins in the lower classes to get you some credits collected.

I really don't know what should be included in a new car pack for it, unless y'all have some sort of sponsored collusion with MS and Playground Games.

IMO, a pack of LeMons & Chumpcar stuff would be *fantastic*.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
5/21/20 2:42 p.m.

1999 Reynard/Honda 1050 hp ChampCar.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/21/20 2:58 p.m.

There just must be a Korean car included (even if I can't play).

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
5/21/20 3:05 p.m.

Citroen 2CV  vs  Renault 4CV vs Subaru 360  ......or just a bunch of K cars......

is there a computer program  that drops a car into the racing action ?

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/12/20 7:22 a.m.

A car that immediately came to mind when I read your post and I haven't seen posted yet is the Ro-spit project. Thats a car I would love to drive but would never want to own in the real world. So yeah, Ro-spit.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kOZMgJSUrT6GVH0HFOJoVBFEVHA6SY8vtGDYIREoF5vwvtJMhuDVowbstGf3Gano