PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/22/14 9:40 a.m.

I'm generally a console gamer. Part of the reason for this is that I have to seclude myself from my family in a separate room to play PC games. Lately I've been itching to play some computer games. Running an hdmi cord from the computer to the tv is the easy part. What I'm not too informed about is current wireless technology. I'm looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse that won't break the bank and works at a distance of about 20 feet. Anyone have recommendations?

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/22/14 9:41 a.m.

I have a combo in the attic that I haven't touched in a few years. Logitec maybe? Does that work for you?

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/22/14 9:50 a.m.

I do like me some logitec stuff. Got a price in mind? You can email me at jacquesnegrey at gmail if you don't want to do this through the forum.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/22/14 9:57 a.m.

No worries about here. I was thinking somewhere around $free, but of course this is negotiable. I'd ask for shipping, if you wouldn't mind. If you feel compelled to give me something, I'll consider it a donation towards the ongoing, and at present, severely underfunded truck build.

I'll check tonight and make sure everything checks out and see what sort of box it will fit into.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/22/14 10:05 a.m.

Awesome! Keep me up to date and let me know where I can paypal money to when you're ready. Much appreciated!

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
10/23/14 11:09 a.m.

Walmart. The Ann stuff.

I have a wired headset for my ps3, a wireless mouse, wireless keyboard and I've had wired mice and keyboards of theirs. The price is good and they work pretty well.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/23/14 11:30 a.m.

Could not find enough batteries to test last night, I will do it tonight.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/23/14 11:48 a.m.

I have a cheap logitech keyboard (that I rarely use) and a swipe-pad wireless mouse. They both work great, but I'm not sure how the mouse would work with games. It works very similar to laptop mice(?). Great for regular use.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/23/14 9:34 p.m.

Ok the deal us that I gave a half combo and a wireless mouse. What that means us raft you'll need to use two separate USB thingies instead of one. Everything works though, and other than the keyboard missing the battey cover, it's in great shape. I don't gave a box for if right now but if you wAnt it I'll get something is I can mail it on Saturday.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/23/14 9:37 p.m.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/24/14 6:22 a.m.

That is aok. Thabks for checking it out. Just let me know and email address I can paypal.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/24/14 6:45 a.m.

Just PM me your address and I'll reply so you'll have mine.

I'll get a shipping cost to you when it goes out.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/24/14 6:58 a.m.

What tuna gives is good things. Logitech is my go to.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/24/14 7:21 a.m.

and PM sent.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/24/14 7:38 a.m.

Odd, I always get PMs... except this time. BKB001 at googles E-mail service.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/24/14 1:30 p.m.

and email sent!

failboat
failboat UltraDork
10/25/14 7:33 p.m.

definately check the range of those things. i have a couple wireless things here (all logitech brand, 2 mice, 2 keyboards) I have tried but they dont seem to like to work more than 5-6 feet away when I try to play on the TV.

a coworker recommended me one of these but i havent picked one up yet. he says 20' is no problem with it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126264&cm_re=long_range_wireless_keyboard--23-126-264--Product

not trying to E36 M3 on your sale of goods but being realistic here. if you need a mouse search newegg fordifferent long range wireless options.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/25/14 9:06 p.m.

Yes, I have had what seem to range / interference issues with a wireless mouse. It seems like they assume you have the computer right next to it (which I am sure is mostly the case).

Also of note: I got a nice solid mouse pad (I use the mouse on a couch / my lap a lot), but since it was metal, I could NOT use the wireless mouse on it, 2 feet away from the computer!! (the computer does sit lower)

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/25/14 9:39 p.m.

Well it's sort of already sent to him.

I actually only charged him shipping cost, but then he had to go and overpay me so I can spend it on truck consumables.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/26/14 3:42 p.m.

I'll have line of sight to the computer so I think I'll be all right. If not a couple usb extension cables to bring the dongles closer to me should do the trick.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
10/27/14 2:29 p.m.

Just for the record they work just fine sitting on my couch in front of the TV. I've always been a big fan of Logitec. Big thumbs up to Tuna for continuing the every GRMer I've ever dealt with being an awesome person streak and giving me an awesome deal!

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
10/27/14 8:56 p.m.

Sure thing dude, glad to see it put to good use! Play a game if civ for me to celebrate.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
11/2/14 7:03 p.m.

good deal, also for the record those USB dongles are about 10x larger than the ones for my wireless stuff. not surprised you are not having range issues like I am.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GgiEvkn1Fsi5KbinTtR4UiERStzyjtYBPHOEgkkzrvcpqJR10pM1VpwFOp00YlDT