1 ... 21 22 23 24
donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/5/15 1:12 p.m.

sadly it is hugely knowing what you can and can't pen... takes a while to learn that...

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/5/15 1:14 p.m.

KV-1 is awesome and faster than a Tilda by a long shot. Play it like you would a Tilda and you will do well.

This issue is the matchmaker likes pushing it up a notch or two. So you come up against fast moving mediums that can three shot you.

I haven't thought the tracks were too fragile. Better than the Cromwell. You might have fighting someone like me, who the first thing I do is shoot out your tracks if I have the shot.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/5/15 1:16 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Thankfully in the scope of this thread, it seems like most of the tips for PC apply to we console peasants. So, back on the topic of the pz1c, I'm wondering if there's not something fundamentally wrong with how I'm using the tank. Run around, flank/rear shots, keep moving, use cover... that should be getting me somewhere, right? I ask because what it's getting me is a ton of shots bouncing off followed by my firey death. Consistently.

You aren't going to kill many heavies with it. Stop trying. Spot for arty if it is a few levels above you. Although I was one shot away from killing a the Rental tank thing in a head to head the other day.

I will get'em.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
10/6/15 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

I'm having trouble punching through the armor of most mediums and some lights with the pz, I have entirely given up on the prospect of killing a heavy with it.
Though with that being said, I've had numerous times when the KV has bounced off a medium as well, so an inability to pen isn't exactly an isolated issue for me.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/6/15 3:00 p.m.

ya with the pz 1c there are lots of things you can't dmg...

here where some of my later ace mastery games in it just for reference... the first is one of those rare top tier games... the 2nd game is more akin to what you will normally see... it is quite aggressive and you'll note I have issues penning even the tier4 scout... had to get to his side to do anything, then I spot stuff and don't engage because I can't do anything to them outside of spot/light... at this point I decide it's time to go find arty... then comes a hetzer that I know I can't pen and can 1 shot me... so I keep him lit for my team to shot his rear while he's pointed at me... then I go light the rest of the few left over and die lol... but 700 dmg and 3 kills in a tier5 battle with top xp because I chose my battles and used the terrain and dead tanks to my advantage. https://youtu.be/i07H4SnPREE?list=PLbHFo02zE68sQTsvJ8X6Eqd_FIXMBmF22 https://youtu.be/g_L0tN1tjto?list=PLbHFo02zE68sQTsvJ8X6Eqd_FIXMBmF22

I was playing this specifically to bounce my commander back and forth between this and the pzIIG (junk tier2 prem they gave us over new years) to get the commander to 6th sense before moving up to the tier6 tank (i'd already gone though the line up to that point)... I don't have it anymore and rarely spend time down at those tiers anymore but they can be fun.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
10/8/15 4:35 p.m.

Thankfully the pz1c seems to be dropping off in popularity, which is nice.
Bonus points because when I'm behind the wheel it's utterly useless, regardless of what I'm shooting at.
(exception: arty, but I never survive to get that far)

Been seeing crusaders a lot recently, they've been eating my lunch, and based on what I read online I'm not sure why.
Example: Me in KV-1, six shots bounce, he murders me in a straight up slugfest.
wat.

Is there anything as fast as the ELC but possessing a turret?

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/8/15 4:44 p.m.

ELC with a turret... mt-25 is prob the closest.. that thing is a little gokart... but again I can't reccomed moving beyond tier5 scouts until you're feeling comfortable in tier7/8 normal tanks...

do some more research into angling your armor and side scraping on that kv-1..

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
10/8/15 5:37 p.m.

berkeleying crusader again, it rips through KV-1 armor like it's not berkeleying there.
Edit: FINALLY got killed by something other than a crusader.
It was a medium that laughed at my cannon as it punched through my armor at an angle.
Not sure the KV-1 is the right tank for me, I'm bouncing a toooon of shots (85mm) and getting ripped up by almost everything I'm up against.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/8/15 6:58 p.m.

ya crusader has a nice high pen gun with good dpm although low alpha... I enjoyed it...

for the 85mm... gota let it aim and sometimes aim for weak spots... in this case google is your friend...

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
10/10/15 11:14 p.m.

Got four games in before spiking my controller, one kill, love this E36 M3.
berkeley this, I'm done.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/19/15 6:08 a.m.

I have went back and am replaying all the lower tiers. I am grinding with two tanks to tier 6 but I have decided to have all the tanks open to me up to Tier 5.

Boy, what a difference the upgrades and a crew make. You really have no concept of how much of an improvement a great crew and upgraded tanks can be.

Also in the process I think I am playing smarter. There are still some ass hat gold teams out there that there is nothing you can do. I had my KV-1 picked off and never saw who was shooting me. 5 hits, I never stopped moving and they weren't arty. I was looking in the direction they were shooting 4 of the 5 times and I never spotted them.

ridiculous

On a side note I got banned last night for an hour because I shot a "teammate". Actually I was in cover and he wanted it and he came up and pushed me out of cover. So I shot him.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
10/19/15 7:59 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I have went back and am replaying all the lower tiers. I am grinding with two tanks to tier 6 but I have decided to have all the tanks open to me up to Tier 5. Boy, what a difference the upgrades and a crew make. You really have no concept of how much of an improvement a great crew and upgraded tanks can be. Also in the process I think I am playing smarter. There are still some ass hat gold teams out there that there is nothing you can do. I had my KV-1 picked off and never saw who was shooting me. 5 hits, I never stopped moving and they weren't arty. I was looking in the direction they were shooting 4 of the 5 times and I never spotted them. ridiculous On a side note I got banned last night for an hour because I shot a "teammate". Actually I was in cover and he wanted it and he came up and pushed me out of cover. So I shot him.

Some people just need to be team killed.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
3/17/16 11:59 p.m.

After a long hiatus I think I'll tank a bit tonight as I stay up late tonight, into the morning, to transition from 2nd shift (today) to 3rd shift (tomorrow).

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
3/21/16 1:19 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: berkeleying crusader again, it rips through KV-1 armor like it's not berkeleying there. Edit: FINALLY got killed by something other than a crusader. It was a medium that laughed at my cannon as it punched through my armor at an angle. Not sure the KV-1 is the right tank for me, I'm bouncing a toooon of shots (85mm) and getting ripped up by almost everything I'm up against.

Annnnnd, this is exhibit A for "Why the 122 u11 is best" for the kv-1.....load it 66% normal ammunition, 33% "loaded for bear", don't get into a wide open turret turning fight with a light tank, and slug fest people to death. I still have something silly like an 80% win rate combined with a 3.5-1 KD ratio when running this exact setup. The DPM doesn't always mean much really, especially when a single well aimed shot devours what you're shooting at. Also note, if driving a soviet heavy that isn't a kv2 w/152 derp, avoid the TOG-II at all costs unless you have lots of help.

Also, for FlightService, pay attention to your view range.....Soviet heavies are garbage in this department, and some tier 4-6 tank destroyers have a view range that nearly doubles your own.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/1/16 4:27 p.m.

Kind of a fun mini-game on right now.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/4/16 5:24 p.m.

Anniversary feebees depending on who long you've been a member. Not especially difficult to earn. The "free" tank (LTP) is actually pretty decent.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/5/16 9:27 a.m.

My youngest is wanting to play I might have to pick it back up.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/5/16 7:13 p.m.
Happy Carmore wrote: My youngest is wanting to play I might have to pick it back up.

My son and I actually "platoon" which allows us to play in the same game, on the same team. Of course, this requires two computers and a pretty decent internet connection.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/6/16 5:40 a.m.
kazoospec wrote:
Happy Carmore wrote: My youngest is wanting to play I might have to pick it back up.
My son and I actually "platoon" which allows us to play in the same game, on the same team. Of course, this requires two computers and a pretty decent internet connection.

Do you use two separate accounts? I have the rest of that

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/6/16 6:14 a.m.

In reply to Happy Carmore: Yes, each has to have their own account. You also have to be a little careful which tier tank you each bring out because your "platoon" gets matched up based on the highest tier tank. (So if you bring a tier 6 and he brings a tier 1, he will end up in a tier 6 battle. The rest of your "team-mates", if there is such a thing on WOT, will likely be less than amused.)

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/6/16 7:58 a.m.
kazoospec wrote: In reply to Happy Carmore: Yes, each has to have their own account. You also have to be a little careful which tier tank you each bring out because your "platoon" gets matched up based on the highest tier tank. (So if you bring a tier 6 and he brings a tier 1, he will end up in a tier 6 battle. The rest of your "team-mates", if there is such a thing on WOT, will likely be less than amused.)

Oh yeah, got that part, I have played PZ1c in a Tier 8 before, that was fun.

I got two pieces of Arty before they ever got the first shot on me.

hehehehe

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
4/6/16 8:10 p.m.
Happy Carmore wrote:
kazoospec wrote: In reply to Happy Carmore: Yes, each has to have their own account. You also have to be a little careful which tier tank you each bring out because your "platoon" gets matched up based on the highest tier tank. (So if you bring a tier 6 and he brings a tier 1, he will end up in a tier 6 battle. The rest of your "team-mates", if there is such a thing on WOT, will likely be less than amused.)
Oh yeah, got that part, I have played PZ1c in a Tier 8 before, that was fun. I got two pieces of Arty before they ever got the first shot on me. hehehehe

Yea, if played right they're an amusing nightmare for the opposing team. They typically aren't spotted by the big stuff from very far off, and rapid fire bounces can really confuse an enemy tier 8 driver.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/6/16 9:37 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

If the little french pancake had a 360 turret it would extremely lethal.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/17 9:01 p.m.

Just started playing, my son asked about it so I tried it out first. Everybody is better than I am.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
1/10/17 9:14 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Just started playing, my son asked about it so I tried it out first. Everybody is better than I am.

par for the course... there is a much better tutorial system than there used to be but even still you really need to use out of game based stuff to learn all the mechanics to the game if you want to be "good"

I'm about 20k battles in and in the top 1% of players statistically... I love the game but it took a lot of time learn to play the game... at around 4k games is about when I was really getting a grasp of mechanics...

not that you can't have fun just driving around shooting crap...

1 ... 21 22 23 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t79FZbENggECKvlfqR349NJgtSVLNm1kfJZ8os2xMn0xUYQ7s0foqbh28CC3j0gl