1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/19 6:46 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I cashed in the rewards points I was saving for the next console. Which means I've officially spent more on this than I did on horizon 4, while also not spending any money whatsoever. 

chief8one
chief8one Reader
8/22/19 5:26 a.m.

I'll be ordering this later today.  Deluxe edition of course.  Sadly I work third shift 8/27-8/30 so I will be a little late to the party.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/24/19 6:58 p.m.

Reviews are coming in. All the big players are saying what I already knew- it's incredible. I can't wait to run it in 4k (My laptop laughed at me and tried to puke its guts when I ran it in 4k and hooked it to my TV.... it's what my 1x was born to do) I am super stoked on this. 

Side note- for all those that haven't played along with me before (Rico knows me quite well) I am mndsm on XB1. Feel free to add me as a friend- I only ask that you leave a note letting me know who you are. I have a tendency these days to get wierd friend requests playing Forza because I have stashed a good pile of really rare cars, and they're all painted awesome. (that reminds me, I should do a full hotrod job on the impala). I'm not the most social human being in the world, but I have no problems playing along with others, and I'm generally not a dick, though I do swear. A LOT. Like, a lot a lot. I'm almost always down for racing. See ya'll out there. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/25/19 1:34 p.m.

Caught the last day where it's a preorder and 24 hour early access matters. Probably where all my spare time is going for the next couple weeks. 

RevRico
8/25/19 11:00 p.m.

Just went live with the Preorder Deluxe edition at 12am on the dot. 

Ummm there better be a day one update. I've got a graphics glitch that won't go away. Yea, I've done everything short of a full reinstall and it's kind of annoying. Soon as I get to the regional juniors selection screen, a bunch of flickering blocks show up toward the bottom of the screen, stay there through the events and everything. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/26/19 8:40 a.m.

Played a bit last night. Handling and AI are a taking a bit to get used to after so much Forza. Definitely having the Flatout nostalgia I was hoping for though.

jde
jde HalfDork
8/26/19 12:26 p.m.
RevRico said:

Just went live with the Preorder Deluxe edition at 12am on the dot. 

Ummm there better be a day one update. I've got a graphics glitch that won't go away. Yea, I've done everything short of a full reinstall and it's kind of annoying. Soon as I get to the regional juniors selection screen, a bunch of flickering blocks show up toward the bottom of the screen, stay there through the events and everything. 

Have similar blocky artifacts, but mainly in menu screens.  Also, have issues when the driver waves in the results screen.  This is on XB1. Nothing affecting gameplay, though. :-)

RevRico
8/26/19 12:56 p.m.

They've announced a patch, but they aren't sure when is rolling out. I haven't tried yet, but I've been seeing a lot of complaints about online not working properly as well. 

I put 2 hours in last night, I forgot how aggressive and cheaty the AI is, but the race types are amazing compared to what was on my older pc copy. Here run this lawn mower figure 8 race, but oh by the way, there's a combine running it too.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/26/19 1:08 p.m.

Just ordered the deluxe edition for PS4.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
8/26/19 2:38 p.m.

No issues on the PS4 that I've noted.

Sofa racing is hilarious.  

I've moved the difficulty scale all over the place, and it always seems like you get a pretty good race no matter what it's set to.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/26/19 4:37 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin :

I thought it was being released tomorrow?

RevRico
8/26/19 4:41 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Preordering the deluxe edition got it at midnight this morning EST. Preordering the regular version gets out at 8pm est. Not preordering gets it tomorrow.

At least, that's what xbox marketplace said last night when I thought it was midnight already.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
8/26/19 5:20 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

What Rev said.  Honestly, I'm not really sure the deluxe edition is worth it (nothing released yet, its essentially a season pass), but I hope supporting games like this with a couple extra bucks leads to more intertesting car titles down the road.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/26/19 8:27 p.m.

I got the glitch issue. 

I can't seem to find any of my pre-order bonuses...where is my deluxe car? 

Also, the difficulty (At least with derbies) seems to have gone down considerably. I entered and won my first derby tonight easily. 

I have one major pick though. The controls are bugging me, specifically the e-brake. I CANT MOVE IT TO THE A BUTTON. I mash it, and the damn car doesn't rotate. It won't let me remap the controller at all, like it did with the pc version. WHY U HATE ME BUGBEAR. 

RevRico
8/26/19 8:46 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I got the glitch issue. 

I can't seem to find any of my pre-order bonuses...where is my deluxe car? 

Also, the difficulty (At least with derbies) seems to have gone down considerably. I entered and won my first derby tonight easily. 

I have one major pick though. The controls are bugging me, specifically the e-brake. I CANT MOVE IT TO THE A BUTTON. I mash it, and the damn car doesn't rotate. It won't let me remap the controller at all, like it did with the pc version. WHY U HATE ME BUGBEAR. 

The ripper? Mines in my garage, was there from the start. Try going to "manage game and files" from games and apps and seeing if it didn't install yet. Had that problem with a mafia 3 dlc for literally months. 

Not just the derbies. The damn oval death race and the robin vs school bus went WAY better for me than they did in PC. I agree with the derbies though.

Still, in the last half hour I drove in a combine derby in a field, a reliant robin derby in a giant half pipe (21 robins, 3 school buses), and then a limo derby in an autocross parking lot. I can't say I've ever done that before in a game or real life, and that makes it worth it. 

Big bear Twitter says patch incoming, if yours crashes on boot, unplug all USB cables because why the berkeley not, and to fix the boxy stuff and stretch Armstrong on the win screen.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/26/19 9:13 p.m.

I went back to running auto because I couldn't map the shifting to Forza buttons and my tired brain didn't want to adjust.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/27/19 9:07 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I thought the oval death race was actually harder this time. The car was waaaaay more slippery than it was on PC, ass end was hanging out almost the entire race for me. I did however somehow manage to crash out a bus, so there is that. 

RevRico
8/28/19 8:11 a.m.

These double decker cars are rather tippy. More than the school bus even. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/28/19 3:24 p.m.

finally smashed enough robins to move on. Damn things are stronger than they used to be! 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/28/19 3:44 p.m.

I got the pre-order and have played a bit.  For reference, I have been playing Project Cars mostly otherwise.

Definitely a lot more arcade than PC2 (obviously).  I am not sure about the controls using a wheel (I am using an emulated G27).  The wheel seems pretty vague and makes it a bit difficult to counter-steer (I need to look if the game allows adjustments).  The upside of that is that the game is entirely playable with a controller, and much like drifting in GT it is very useful for counter-steering (and the cars in WF are generally very loose).  The handling is a bit strange (with ABS, traction and stability control off) and will take some getting used to, the dynamics are bit hard to nail down. 

One of the "game" features I am not sure I like is that you can just restart any race until you finish it how you like.  It removes some risk from the game.

It does have some great dynamics with destructible environments and cars and of course an excellent theme.  I am curious to try online, I imagine it could get quite crazy, but it is one of those games that seems to lockout cars from online you haven't unlocked in the game (like GT did), which seems unnecessary.  In general, I am happy with the purchase.

RevRico
8/28/19 11:18 p.m.

So to get the big rig, you must complete the big rig challenge. You, in a reliant robin must win a 3 lap race on a European course, against 23 Big Rigs. Not fun, not fun at all. 

RevRico
8/29/19 7:03 a.m.

jde
jde HalfDork
8/29/19 8:39 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

XB1 patch downloaded for me a few hours ago.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
8/30/19 9:48 a.m.

First race after my update.  Took almost two minutes to load.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/30/19 11:07 a.m.

I messed around with it for about 20 minutes. Did the lawnmower derby and some dirt track race. Not sure when I will do any more. Game seems like a time waster and not much of anything related to driving. Since I spent $60 on it, I suppose I'll eventually mess around with it some more, but first impressions are that I'd much rather have $60 than this game.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q9FfrVK8DWv67w4do6YN91YatFwoLQEpp5hlTj038xd49IAZ9qZQMflaKQu9bnrl