1 2
yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/20/14 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I have to agree with the other board.......you sound remarkably like a closet harley humper.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
8/20/14 9:58 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I have to agree with the other board.......you sound remarkably like a closet harley humper.

I'm going to light your Sho's on fire, wait... Ford already did it for me.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/20/14 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Nope 5sp sho's were immune to that, but we nearly had a Mercedes burn to the ground over the weekend...

rotard
rotard Dork
8/29/14 3:15 p.m.
e23inGB wrote:
rotard wrote: Yeah, it is hard to go back. Not having the power there when you want it is weird. The Tuono has spoiled me with the no downshifting thing.
Hows the tuono to live with? They are kind of sitting right in my price range at the moment. Ive ridden a few z1000s and never felt overwhelmed by the power. Thats one reason why Im kind of looking towards middleweights is I dont want to get into toomuch bike.

The Tuono is not a middleweight bike. It is a naked version of the RSV-1000R with handlebars and a more comfortable riding position. This also makes it a wheelie monster. The low end torque is awesome, but isn't as forgiving as a 4 cylinder. It is far more fun than anything in its class, even though the Speed Triple comes close.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
8/31/14 5:46 p.m.

I have a StripleR. So far, great bike. I have had one issue with it: the rectifiers are a known problem. Although the one on my bike had been replaced under recall before I got it, it had already damaged one of the coils on the stator. This later caused the other 2 coils to go. Replacing it was pretty simple and straitforward. Since then, no issues in over a year of ownership with quite a bit of riding.

e23inGB
e23inGB New Reader
9/10/14 1:45 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: I have a StripleR. So far, great bike. I have had one issue with it: the rectifiers are a known problem. Although the one on my bike had been replaced under recall before I got it, it had already damaged one of the coils on the stator. This later caused the other 2 coils to go. Replacing it was pretty simple and straitforward. Since then, no issues in over a year of ownership with quite a bit of riding.

Funny, my Speed Four had the same issues. I'm kind of leaning towards the Street Triple as of now but hopefully now parts are much more attainable than my last dealings with Triumph.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jLylybje0ojGxxxq196v6H3ErQeS9QqcF2snwuVEqIR0p8Os1MoGCS4mCIS4KbuT