1 2
alex
alex UltraDork
4/1/13 2:50 p.m.

Yeah, a lot of the boutique marques are proud of their product and are reluctant to deal despite the reality of their particular market. Snobs, basically. Screw 'em. You did exactly what I would have done in that scenario. And we have the same taste in Trumpets - if it ain't got round headlights, something's amiss.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/1/13 3:00 p.m.

I much prefer the round headlights. The 2013 has enough other updates for me to be willing to overlook that but I'd rather have a 2010 than a 2012.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
4/1/13 3:05 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: I much prefer the round headlights. The 2013 has enough other updates for me to be willing to overlook that but I'd rather have a 2010 than a 2012.

I talked to a large Triumph dealer when I was going through all this and complained about the lights because I did like some of the new features the 2012s had. He said Triumph had so many complaints they were looking into making a factory conversion kit back to the rounds....not sure if anything ever came of it, but it's worth looking into.

When I was at the dealer I looked at them side by side and those new headlights just killed it for me. That, the models being side by side, made it worse they wouldn't deal on a new 2011 with a 2012 sitting right beside it!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
4/1/13 4:19 p.m.

I've always wanted a 75 Norton, but I don't think I could put up with all the hassle now.

I do love one of the new retro looking Moto Guzzis. But they are around $9k.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
4/2/13 2:47 a.m.

You could buy the new Triple, buy old style round lights and sell the alien lights on ebay for profit. Right?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/2/13 3:23 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: You could buy the new Triple, buy old style round lights and sell the alien lights on ebay for profit. Right?

Yup. Or modify it with a single 7" light. The flyshield goes a long way to making the alien lights look better though. They look better with a fly shield than the rounds do. The rounds look better naked.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/2/13 7:22 a.m.

Insurance will probably make the choice to you. Cheap liability. Not quite the same with full coverage.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
4/2/13 8:46 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: You could buy the new Triple, buy old style round lights and sell the alien lights on ebay for profit. Right?

from what I remember is wasn't a direct swap, which was the reason for the kit. However, I didn't look into it too much since I decided on the used bike with all the extra.

Mine with rounds and flyscreen.

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
4/7/13 1:32 a.m.

Beer Baron, are you going to go to BMW/Triumph of Santa Rosa? If they won't work with you, I would cruise another 30 minutes down to San Rafael and go to Marin Speed Shop formerly known as Hattar Motorsports and see what they say. I went in there once and made sure the salesman who approached me knew that I had no intention of buying and he still answered my BS questions for 45 minutes. Awesome shop and a great bunch of guys over there, definitely worth a trip.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/7/13 1:51 a.m.
jpod999 wrote: Beer Baron, are you going to go to BMW/Triumph of Santa Rosa? If they won't work with you, I would cruise another 30 minutes down to San Rafael and go to Marin Speed Shop formerly known as Hattar Motorsports and see what they say. I went in there once and made sure the salesman who approached me knew that I had no intention of buying and he still answered my BS questions for 45 minutes. Awesome shop and a great bunch of guys over there, definitely worth a trip.

Thanks! That is where I was planning to go. Checking out two dealers and seeing what each has going for them sounds like a good plan. Certainly gives me some ammunition to be able to go somewhere else if they don't want to give me a good enough deal.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c9JvxnUmTmrCP1JMAIILDxenDauYERQeq7aLIJCrtlhX7yJY25EiCVqJXRzHrVvT