John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/09 6:33 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/09/crands-duu-concept-is-a-mototerminator-for-the-rest-of-us/ said: Those of you who had the stomach to sit through Terminator Salvation with your eyes open will remember the mototerminators that launched themselves from the legs of the giant collectors. Those were actually based on Ducatis, but if you fancied the look of them, then Italian bike builder CR&S has something pretty close. Called the DUU Concept, the naked ride is a combination of "a sporty European rolling chassis powered by a muscular American big-twin." The engine is a 1.9-liter (117 cu. in.) X-Wedge supplied by S&S. Wrapped around that powerplant is a chassis that CR&S says can be tailored by the customer – although they don't indicate how beyond presenting the choice of single or two-seater versions. But since each DUU will be made by hand, one-at-a-time, we imagine they'll be happy to do anything your wallet will allow. The DUU Concept is being unveiled November 10 at the Milan International Bike Show. CR&S said it has plans to build them from next year, at €20,000 ($30,000 U.S.) apiece. Check it out in the gallery of high-res images below.

What do you think?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
11/10/09 6:41 a.m.

looks like a pissed off Vmax

so.......where do I sign up?

minimac
minimac Dork
11/10/09 7:02 a.m.

Sorry, looks like an alcohol inspired nightmare. Not to mention butt-ugly.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
11/10/09 11:33 a.m.

Looks like a rich guy's Confederate.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/12/09 8:53 a.m.

Beautifully integrated fuel cap.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/12/09 12:50 p.m.

Looks like a futuristic police bike with a built-in donut thermos.

therex
therex SuperDork
11/12/09 5:24 p.m.

Here's the problem with concepts like this from Confederate or these dudes. They're just trying to do what yamaha has already done:

Why we don't get this bike is completely beyond my comprehension.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
11/12/09 7:42 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Looks like a rich guy's Confederate.

Uhh, isn't a rich guy's Confederate a Confederate? They start at twice the price of this bike and easily run over $100k for the wraith.

Either way I think that Abe Lincoln said it best "it is the type of thing that people who like this type of thing will really like"

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
11/12/09 7:43 p.m.
therex wrote: Here's the problem with concepts like this from Confederate or these dudes. They're just trying to do what yamaha has already done: Why we don't get this bike is completely beyond my comprehension.

Because even people who drive souped up diesel pick ups think that those exhausts are too big.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
11/12/09 8:24 p.m.

Why do the wheels not match? Why does it have those horrendous side pod... things on the front of the engine?

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
11/13/09 6:36 a.m.

The pods have the headlights in them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pHsy60NuiiabuntmoZKeRQhwgpkpSB0Q1Z3jWLVedTO4eewxQbvw6Zjm6zeMGrIR