joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
11/8/18 10:36 p.m.

So yeah!  We tried carrying a spree on the back of our campervan. That was fun but didn’t carry both the wife and I well. And we wanted something for exploring back roads, and maybe an escape pod if the van broke down in the mountains and such. So, I couldn’t believe how awesome the Tdubs looked. 

I had to have one. So, I searched for a few weeks and found this one. 2007, 2100 miles, and as nice as it could possibly be and still have a few scratches and stuff. It’s really nearly perfect. Only aftermarket parts are the rack on the back and the grip guards. The tires will need to be replaced, as they are stock, and hard and dry. Still I figured a solid deal at 2200$  I’m glad I want with the 07, as it has the disc front brake, and the upgraded carb and charging system. Otherwise it looks straight outta 1987 (which it is!) (and I love!)

jamie48442 named her Tina, the fat lard from Napoleon dynamite. I’ll call her tinatdubs. Can’t wait for spring, as I plan to see how far I can ride on dirt roads!

joey

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/8/18 10:54 p.m.

Whee! I've always thought those looked kinda neat, if wondered whether they handle funny with that much tire...

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/8/18 11:28 p.m.

Congrats!

I've owned a couple TeeDubs- great little bikes. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/9/18 7:42 a.m.

Ive always loved the way those things look. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
11/9/18 9:32 a.m.

I took my MSF class on a TW200.  I’m sure it can fall over, but it’d take some doing.  That thing was extremely stable at low speeds.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/9/18 9:40 a.m.

Cool bike, I always liked those things.  Seems like a perfect choice for campervanning.  I assume you can get a license plate so it can be used on the street as well?

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/9/18 9:43 a.m.

It's a fully street legal bike, hence the turn signals and plate holder.  

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/9/18 5:32 p.m.
Cooter said:

Yes, but...sometimes dirt bikes that are street legal end up being sold without titles, and end up being difficult to register.  I asked since I noticed it doesn't have a license plate, that may be because he just bought it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/9/18 6:53 p.m.

Fat rear tire is fat.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
11/9/18 9:21 p.m.

Nice!  Have fun.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
11/9/18 10:32 p.m.
stuart in mn said:
Cooter said:

Yes, but...sometimes dirt bikes that are street legal end up being sold without titles, and end up being difficult to register.  I asked since I noticed it doesn't have a license plate, that may be because he just bought it.

Yup!  It has a title, but to put plates on it in Michigan I would need insurance, and I won’t likely be riding it at all this winter, so I didn’t bother insuring it yet. Plus I need my cycle endorsement. 

Thanks all for the kind words!  I really love the look. After staring at it so much I feel like regular dirt bikes with skinny tires look like bmx bikes!!

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
11/10/18 10:38 a.m.

Not what I needed to see.  I have been wanting another one in the worst way since I sold mine a few years ago.

Congrats on the purchase! As others have said, they are great bikes.  Simple. Fun.  It follows the slow bike fast vs. fast bike slow mantra and every trip turned into some sort of adventure! Enjoy it!

I am very happy for you!

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
11/10/18 12:04 p.m.
CarKid1989 said:

Not what I needed to see.  I have been wanting another one in the worst way since I sold mine a few years ago.

Congrats on the purchase! As others have said, they are great bikes.  Simple. Fun.  It follows the slow bike fast vs. fast bike slow mantra and every trip turned into some sort of adventure! Enjoy it!

I am very happy for you!

I’m really excited!  After spending a couple hundred thousand miles in Miatas I like less power. More fun!  By the time I’m having fun in my dads corvette I’m in jail!

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
11/10/18 12:58 p.m.
CarKid1989 said:

I am very happy for you!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2163099687347762/This seems promising!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
11/17/18 2:56 p.m.

Great motorcycle I have a friend that owned one for several years. I managed to bend the rear wheel on it. I have no idea what I hit that could have done it .  He as on his xr400  trying to keep up with me all day 

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
11/21/18 4:12 a.m.

Any upgrades or mods yet?

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
11/25/18 7:57 p.m.
CarKid1989 said:

Any upgrades or mods yet?

No, nothing!  It got cold out. Plus I need to to get my cycle endorsement, and I’d like to put some miles on it before I go modding it too much. But I will be switching the lighting to LED, as much as possible. 

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
11/28/18 10:54 a.m.

Leave the blinkers regular bulbs but do the head light for sure LED.  Blinkers can be done but most often you end up spending another $15 on a new flasher as well to gain nothing.

Cycle Gear has electronic flashers that are made to plug in to each brands harness if you real have to have LED blinkers but i don't find them any brighter on my ATK ( done by the PO ) but i did have to add the flasher as the stock on i would have to hold the switch 5 sec before the 1st blink and they were slow.  Lucky for me i grab the electronic unit that was on closeout / mark down to $800 and cut the plug off and crimped on for male spades lugs as ATK used a car type flasher.

Flasher for TW

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
1/26/19 3:21 p.m.

I love mine. Pretty far from stock at this point.

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
1/26/19 3:25 p.m.

One more!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/26/19 3:54 p.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

Wow what a difference in appearance from a stock one. Looks good!

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
1/30/19 4:13 p.m.

Holycrapitsawesome!

Garandman
Garandman New Reader
3/2/19 10:06 a.m.

The Fat Tire Flier! Bought one in 2012 and it convinced my wife to get her license. Only 55mph or so top speed, but bog simple and a lot of fun! About the only addition is the rear luggage rack.

Also we had a spare LiFe Battery, so we 3D printed a battery box to hold it in place.

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
3/11/19 10:02 a.m.

OK, hold it. JUST HOLD IT ONE MINUTE

You can't just show me that and not expect me to ask for a build thread, and cost rundown, and more pictures!

Seriously though, I love the idea of the tw200, but I hate the ADV look. Yours is killer!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BIR1zCZwSPMpJ7OFaNioaseWQuRBhCISyjY941bzoh7vqa4GpanhOwic7dFhFaJF