nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/29/18 6:31 p.m.
81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
9/29/18 7:58 p.m.

It is a pretty neat system, those who have rode one say it really does work, especially on cold and damp roads. I would have to ride one to know if it would be something I would be interested in though. Especially at that price.

No Time
No Time Dork
9/29/18 8:52 p.m.

The concept has been around for about a decade in the smaller displacement scooter market:

125 and 250 cc scooter

I’ve seen the scooter linked above in person, and the concept is pretty cool, but seems like it will be a hard sell to the motorcycle crowd. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/29/18 9:08 p.m.

Yeah but that little scooter can't do this.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/29/18 9:36 p.m.

I'd like to see a pic of it leaned over.  The claim is increased front traction, however I feel like your average sportbike is already capable of leaning far enough that the outer wheel of that thing would be off the ground anyway.  Or am I missing something?

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/29/18 9:44 p.m.

Do not want.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
9/30/18 6:04 a.m.

Regardless of performance potentials, it just not cool looking.  It's a fat chick.

That all said, I would love to take one for a ride to see what it is all about!

Question: Is the extra wheel for the benefit of advanced riders or for new riders who want more safety?

Pete

Cooter
Cooter Dork
9/30/18 9:21 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I'd hate to see how hard that thing lands. 

There's an awful lot of added gimmicktry up there .

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/30/18 9:36 p.m.

If it is easier to hold up in stop and go traffic I would give it a test ride. Cheaper then a new softail and more capable.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/30/18 9:43 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

It will not feel any different than a regular motorcycle at a light, It will just fall over, it's not like a trike. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/30/18 10:17 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

It will not feel any different than a regular motorcycle at a light, It will just fall over, it's not like a trike. 

I don’t know. There is a group of older riders like 70+ in my neighborhood who have this piagiaoo(sp) three wheelers and they keep telling me how stable they are at lights and at low speeds.  

Frankly I think it’s a gimmick but if it works and they sell them more power as it were.  

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/30/18 10:36 p.m.

The niken is not like the scooters. It will not support itself at all. I'm not really sure what the purpose of this thing is. It's like Yamaha just let the engineers loose and said we'll send whatever you come up with to market. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/1/18 2:05 a.m.

Why not go full Tomahawk and pair the back wheels? 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
10/1/18 7:21 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

It's like Yamaha just let the engineers loose and said we'll send whatever you come up with to market. 

That's insulting to engineers.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/1/18 9:12 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It seems with this project marketers and demographics really didn't matter. The bean counters at Yamaha are probably blind from how hard their eyes rolled back in their heads. It seems like they said design us something different and we'll run with it. Seems like an engineers dream to me.

minimac
minimac UltraDork
10/1/18 6:57 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Regardless of performance potentials, it just not cool looking.  It's a fat chick.....

At least you might ride a fat chick if no one sees you.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YwcHidV85mzKW9jBQ95RW3yBEO6Cfu1lB4p4pHyty0nWQn294p9XhWcKocObB6TH