1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/31/21 3:44 p.m.

^I need an old Champion sign to post up in front of! That's sweet.

Here's the latest I "finished":

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
6/2/21 11:21 a.m.

The old 950 is pretty worn out now after almost 93,000 miles. Swapping all the fun/modified/custom bits over to the new 990.

Hayrider
Hayrider New Reader
6/2/21 1:30 p.m.

My road bike for a MTBer. I had two identical steel frames so this one now my 20.3 lbs road / gravel bike. I have the same w/ 27.5x2.6 rubber & a Fox fork for my real MTB. Plus pushing 62 I can't push more gear than a 44x11 on the flats w/ 700x40 rubber. (don't know why the bar ends look like they are just about straight up?)  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/21 11:43 a.m.

93 hawk I picked up a few months ago to get back into riding on.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
6/4/21 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

I look like a circus bear on a tricycle on one, but have looked at 'em for the MPG. Like that better than the same basic engine in the Rebel.

That one look like is as clean as brand new!

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/4/21 7:59 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Kind of new bikes on the right is the CR85 that is an amalgamation of a few parts bikes. Kid#3 has stolen it from me. I like 85s. In retaliation I picked up the 1999 YZ125 on the left. Today was the first ride for that bike. It's my first "full size" dirt bike. It's fun. 

Pictures like this almost make me want kids.

Almost. wink

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/5/21 9:19 a.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to Mr. Lee :

I look like a circus bear on a tricycle on one, but have looked at 'em for the MPG. Like that better than the same basic engine in the Rebel.

That one look like is as clean as brand new!

I'm not much better. I still look a bit silly on it. It feels like a 3/4 motorcycle. Not a kids bike, but not quite a full size? meh. It's pretty clean, one small dent on the tank next to the seat, little bit of surface rust around the tops of the forks. But otherwise yeah very clean. Couldn't believe I snagged it for $600, I'm into it for closer to 1200 after tax/tag/deferred maint etc. Even picked up a set of rebel forks and front wheel to convert it to front disk.  Just can't find a matching rear wheel now. angry

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/21 11:36 a.m.
Mr. Lee said:

93 hawk I picked up a few months ago to get back into riding on.

I love these. About 10 years ago I did a 91 Nighthawk as a cafe commuter. I loved the size but I should have just left it stock. They are pretty comfortable.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/12/21 5:18 p.m.

Just out for a ride today.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/13/21 4:29 p.m.

In the last year I've sold everything I own, for top buck in this crazy market, and upgraded across the board. I've been really lucky to either be in the right place at the right time or just meet the right people.

The first score was this 2013 Sherco ST300.  As mentioned in another thread, it pays to actually read the ad and do as they request. His ad said phone calls only, so on a whim I phoned as I was driving to our club track for a few hours of woods and we really hit it off. He promised to hold the bike for me til I could get there the next afternoon to look at it.  I thought it was a pretty good deal, but it turned out to be better than I realized. No idea on the hours, but it's been very lightly ridden and still has the stock front tire

I had been looking for a woods bike for a few months when I saw this one. Same as the Sherco, we really hit it off over the phone and I paid full asking price. About a month later prices on these things went stupid. I probably could have made $3500 on it but this one's a keeper, and I could have it for a long, long time. 2014 200 XC-W, 42hrs with a Rekluse clutch and Gnarly pipe. It's so easy to ride. This will be my 6hr hare scramble bike.

And my dream bike. If this is what I'm hoping, this could be my last race bike. I'm meticulous with my bikes and I like to keep them a long time. I will be 70 in 10 years, and it's not a stretch that I could be riding it that long. No idea if I'll still be racing then, but I hope so. 2019 TM144. These are hand built in Italy and as close to a factory works bike as money can buy. It had 1.6 hrs on it and only cost me $1500 on top of what I got for my 2018 YZ125. New, and with the options, it was double the price of a new YZ125.

This is sex on wheels

I almost forgot little buddy. One of my friends has a little track for his kids. It's literally 2 minutes from here and I thought it would be a riot to get on the track and hassle the kids, so I kept my eyes open and scored this pitter.  So far they're the only ones who have ridden it

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/14/21 6:59 a.m.

Out riding around staying out of trouble.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
6/15/21 7:07 a.m.

Newest member of my family.

1979 or 80 Fantic Pepi, with a Minarelli V1 2 stroke 50cc.   Real pedal start Italian ripper.  1 pedal is missing in this pic because I need to match the bolt

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
6/15/21 10:23 a.m.

93"s of fire breathing big bore stroker HD

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
6/15/21 12:12 p.m.

Took the CX500 out and rode around off road at a buddy's house over the weekend, since he was hosting an ADV school.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/19/21 11:47 p.m.

Took my 2013 Moto Guzzi Stelvio out for a good flogging tonight.

I updated the fuel map a few weeks ago but haven't had the chance to really run it hard since then. Huge improvements in throttle response and top end power. Loving the new tune.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
6/20/21 10:31 a.m.

Film shot (Minolta x370/Portra 400) from the shake down race last weekend in Spokane.  Probably the only time I'll be racing dirt track on this bike.  Working on reviving the framer now.

Pipe has got some nice temper colors after a good flogging.  smiley

Maybe it's time to dust off my flat track thread now that racing is back. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
6/20/21 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Somewhere in my 'stuff' I have an X370, several lenses and an autowinder...  Haven't used it in almost 2 decades, but took a lot of great pics with it 'back in the day'! 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
6/20/21 5:03 p.m.

My X700 with autowinder sits on my desk.  

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/21/21 10:09 p.m.

The R60/5.

The goal is to have it comfortable and reliable, yet keep it's 'Old Bike' character.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
6/21/21 10:55 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD (Forum Supporter) :

That's hot

After a few years of paring back my bicycle fleet and expanding my motorcycle fleet, I've decided to add a new human-powered bike. I've been wanting a good commuter/urban adventure bike to keep ready-to-go at the door of my condo with flat pedals and tires capable of a little bit of whatever-may-come. I often walk for trips shorter than the half or three-quarter mile range, because it just seems like such a production to go down to the bike room, air up my tires, put on my cycling shoes, ride, and then fret about my nice bike being locked up out on the street, while I'm walking around awkwardly in cycling shoes. Here's my new steed, 2021 Specialized Sirrus X 4.0. Aluminum frame, carbon fibre fork, through-axles front and rear, Future Shock front suspension, and Shimano Deore running gear with hydraulic disc brakes. If I'd had this in my youth in the early 90's, it would have been a bad-ass mountain bike!

I also love the color. It is an awesome blue that is very reminiscent of Alfa Romeo's Le Mans Blue, and the graphics on the frame are reflective. Let the urban adventuring commence!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
6/22/21 6:16 a.m.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/22/21 8:04 a.m.

I finally got clearance to ride and, after a few light trail rides on the KTM, I took this thing out on the track for the first time.

WOW. I usually start off lightly, 3-4 laps slowly warming up and going a little faster each time. After 2 short motos I concluded that it's a difficult bike to ride, as I suspected it might be. It's demanding and you really have to make it sing to get good results. Then I remembered the map switch. I put it on map 2 and likely the milder setting combined with me getting used to it, that was the WOW moment. I didn't want to come off the track. It's fast, it goes where you point it, and it has no bad habits. The few times that I pushed a little too hard, or did something I shouldn't have, it bailed me out every time. I'm going back out tonight for another ride.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
6/22/21 10:24 p.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean :

is that a katana or what? looks like a pretty rad/clean hoolagan conversan. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/23/21 11:00 p.m.

1987 BMW R80RT that followed me home tonight:

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
goFcxn9ElvMmc03eJ6tOCfDWlel9RJX8Ac8BNK81v3ZxzZZDFzKMDPG1X5UTZU41