1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/10/22 4:43 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

In reply to Brotus7 :

Yesterday was New Bike Day for Keith. And an actual NEW bike, the first one since...umm...my rigid Stumpjumper in the 90s?

I shall no longer be the weakest link when bike path riding with Janel. Luna Fixed Stealth, a 500W e bike cosplaying as a hipster fixie. Specs are good, bike is a really nice piece of design. I'm going to get some black Scotchlite film to add secret reflectivity and lose the wheel reflectors. 

That's pretty slick.  I like how the e-bike bits are hidden, so it looks like a regular bike.  The belt drive is interesting too, I didn't know anyone was doing that.

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
8/10/22 9:25 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Belts are becoming more and more common -- low maintenance, longevity, cleanliness. Most require a frame with a break in the rear triangle to install/remove them, but I know of at least one company that makes one that can be split open.

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
8/10/22 9:45 p.m.

A recent trip to Amsterdam inspired me to look for a junker I could just ride to the store or wherever and not worry about. I failed to find a junker, but I found an older VanMoof, a Dutch bike that's popular with hipsters and tech bros these days, as they're electric but have a hidden battery, connect to your phone, GPS anti-theft, etc.

Mine's got none of that; it has a dynamo front hub powering integrated lights, an internally geared 8-speed hub, and it's anodized, so the finish looks really good for an ~8-year-old bike.

As you can see, they're a bit unconventional.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
8/18/22 7:30 a.m.
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/22 6:59 p.m.

Getting back into the game of Ohio adv rider tag.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/25/22 11:59 a.m.

Most fun you can have running errands. 

EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/12/22 9:58 p.m.

On the rail trail bridge during the Kickapoo rail to river metric century 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
9/26/22 6:12 a.m.

Finally upgraded from my aging Santa Cruz to a 2016 Kona Process 153.  This thing is amazing.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
10/1/22 4:18 p.m.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/6/22 5:15 p.m.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
10/7/22 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Dig the Sherco.  The world needs more Spanish bikes (I could probably use fewer in my garage, though).

The Desert Phantom I picked up a couple pages ago has been carrying me around some local MX tracks lately.  Hoping to race a local outdoor winter series in Woodland, WA this year.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/9/22 6:26 a.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Good eye. The ST is a great bike. My buddies are all Beta guys but I've ridden them and prefer the Sherco. It's snappier, and feels and steers lighter. I had my eye on a SE125 earlier this year, but decided to wait. But I guess they're built in France so they don't count. 
I'm old enough to remember when those Ossa's were current. And competitive. 

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
10/10/22 7:31 p.m.

Of the cyclists here, how many of you are on Strava?

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
10/11/22 11:18 p.m.

This bad boy showed up today. It's a 1979 Raceinc BMX bike. It belonged to a friend of mine, she can't ride it anymore. It was built by my best friend who recently passed away.

In reply to triumph7 :

Not me. Lots of my buddies use it for different reasons...informal competition, finding new rides, tracking personal fitness progress, etc. I can get obsessive over maps and data and that kind of stuff, so I haven't gotten started. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but I've been ok with that so far.

10/12/22 8:19 p.m.

Another Grom to Dyno tuners . 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) said:

If I end up regretting it, maybe I'll try a Husaberg FS570 next...if I can find one!

Found one! 2011 FS570 with 31 hours from new, and it was located maybe 20 miles from home!

Now I understand why these 70 degree Husabergs are legendary. It is so light, so responsive, and the turn-in and handling is exceptional! It has a few aftermarket things, needs a few things, and I'll probably do some aesthetic tweaks while I'm in there.

Just so the Husky doesn't get too jealous, here's how it looks of late, with a minor update to the graphics, and a new correct-size front tire:

The more supermotos I try, the more I realize how the 701 does so many different things pretty well, even if none of them exceptionally well. If I could only pick one bike for the rest of my life, this is it, hands-down! Low maintenance, plenty of grunt, fairly light, fairly comfortable, fairly good range, fairly good handling, fairly good looking...you get the idea. I love it even more now that I understand how remarkable it is for having no vices, and just being ready to ride every time.

RozCougarMorbidcamp
RozCougarMorbidcamp HalfDork
10/12/22 10:44 p.m.

I never get tired of how pretty she looks clean, but the headaches this stupid machine has caused over the years...it's currently in pieces getting some repairs and looooooong overdue maintenance

10/13/22 6:10 a.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

I have been really thinking about adding a 701 to my fleet the last year or so, you arnt helping. 

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
10/13/22 10:23 a.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

I guess I fall under personal fitness... am I getting faster, slower or maintaining where my 64 year old self is.

10/14/22 12:33 p.m.

Question is do I add this to my braps brappy Bois, the other Grom or does it get it's own thread  

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
10/27/22 4:50 p.m.

Going racing in 16 days.  Right on schedule. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/22 8:16 a.m.

2019 street triple in a location that is on the map but is nothing but a depression in the ground in real life

10/28/22 10:11 a.m.

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
owtFoJ0DhJuC6nNRuS5TuwopXGKUbj1O1V7vkkX5HU7ZKEfQ43yJAIIRUMgfRPB7