SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/12 4:53 p.m.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/3113425145.html

I already know the answer is YES...I can afford it too...give me some motivation!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/25/12 4:57 p.m.

YES. What more motivation do you need?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/25/12 4:58 p.m.

That's a fair price for a neat little bike. You may just want to raise the front fender if you're riding off road. I may actually have the sales brochure for that bike, as I was looking at the 250 back in the day and I think they were both in the same one.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/12 5:03 p.m.

I haven't been able to get a hold of the guy, but I'm getting curious. I wonder if the engine shares parts with anything else, or if I could rig up some kind of slip-on and rejet to clear 13 horses...

Is it wrong that I want to put street tires on it and build the world's strangest supermoto?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/25/12 5:09 p.m.

That looks like a newer NX250 or NX650 behind it.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
7/25/12 5:12 p.m.

That motor is probably the same as any number of XR or XL bikes before it. With a cam, pipe and a bit of compression, it would probably move down the road OK.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/26/12 10:38 a.m.

Tha engine is tough as nails and parts are readily available if needed. Bodywork might be a bit harder to come by. Great bike for you skinny little lightweights. Due to my extra avoirdupois, I would love to have an NX650. But unfortunately so would the rest of the country.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
7/26/12 11:35 a.m.

I really need that bike. I bought one brand new in 90 when I was 13, then got my bike license on it at 14. I still have it, but it's in sad shape. That one looks really nice.

Dav
Dav New Reader
8/2/12 8:18 p.m.

Man, those things really hold their value.

I paid less than that... for a 250... over 10 years ago.

It was a fun bike, but geared too tall for anything but mild off-roading. Great for bumming around town and jumping curbs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HbfnvPTkx7YY4b0pNb5HNiUxH5209qqMEUpoyfMP3wWn9hGyZ46miG7IJRH8arOH