SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/30/12 8:28 p.m.

The Dual Sport thread reminded me of the late 80s Honda NX250 Enduro that my buddies dad had that I never saw run. It was a pretty neat looking bike.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I like the thought of an Enduro/Dual Sport bike.

His was this same color combo with all the decals removed.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/12 8:32 p.m.

I can tell you that I'm pretty sure I still have an original sales brochure for them because I really wanted one back around 1991. Dealers still had a few leftovers kicking around. I didn't want that color, though.

I'll take a look in the archives tomorrow.

The older ones are better looking in either dark blue or white. They all need a higher front fender.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/30/12 8:46 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

You mean you don't want a dark color bike with Fuchsia and Light Blue accents? That's totally rad dude!

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/30/12 8:50 p.m.

think XR250L but with better street manners. Was sold in Europe long after it left the states. If the XR is 85/15% off vs on road. then the NX is 75/25% Engine is not the same as the XR, but similar.

Great bikes for commuters and the occasional fire trail rides.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
10/2/12 10:43 a.m.

I bought an 89 125 new...it was fun and extrememly reliable, but slow. I still have it and hope to restore it one day,

Dav
Dav New Reader
10/3/12 9:18 p.m.

I had one about 10 years ago--I bought it for around ~$700, rode it for awhile (along with a CBR) and sold it for $1000.

It was actually more fun than the CBR in a "downtown" type of environment--very nimble, fun to jump curbs, great MPG.

As noted above, it is a good fire roads, but geared too tall for any more rigorous offroading.

I kinda wish I would have kept it, but had just bought a new/bigger house... .

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
10/4/12 9:20 p.m.

I had one about 10 years ago as well, it was my first bike so I don't have much to compare with but it was reliable.

My father rode it to the Honda dealership once looking for an air filter and the employees didn't believe that an NX250 even existed. Had to show it to them in the parking lot.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
10/5/12 7:35 p.m.

About the only thing i know of them is theres not much out there in tires due to the rim sizes....i see lots of coments about it.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/12 9:04 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to Woody: You mean you don't want a dark color bike with Fuchsia and Light Blue accents? That's totally rad dude!

Bikes like that totally make me wish I could get an armored white linen sport coat.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vMWgnW7iCM8XVY6599Xsx9HXg1SHrKYYM6KZFhL4EWQVgiezV96tiVPuLhJXBdMo