Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/18/21 4:07 p.m.

I went back and read a few hours of discussions on headsets.  Seems most were about home office use, or gaming.

Went to a Flying J truckstop and got even more confused.

I know many in the hive drive all day.   Looking for advice on best affordable comfortable headset for use in my truck and on job-site.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
1/18/21 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not sure they are legal while driving.  Or should be used while driving.  Plus there are a lot of jobs where wearing them is dangerous. Both to yourself and others.  

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/21 7:02 p.m.

I drive trucks and run excavators. I and all my co-workers use cheap earbuds with a microphone, and leave one earbud out. I put the cord under my shirt and keep the phone in my chest pocket. It's simple and effective and goes with me if I have to jump out mid call. i can't waste time hooking Bluetooth up to everything I run.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/18/21 7:25 p.m.

All semi drivers are now using them.  handsfree.  They can't afford to be caught holding a phone up to their ear. 

I just wonder what unit is recommended.

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/18/21 8:02 p.m.

Blueparrot is the hot brand there. It's the sister company of Jabra which is the current white collar favorite.

mikedd969
mikedd969 Reader
1/19/21 6:10 p.m.
The0retical (Forum Supporter) said:

Blueparrot is the hot brand there. It's the sister company of Jabra which is the current white collar favorite.

I have always had good luck with Jabra products.  For office use, I am a huge fan of Plantronics products, not sure if they make a "trucker headset" or not.  They aren't a cheap brand, but they know how tu build a reliable and durable product, at least in their commercial product lines.

mrhappy
mrhappy Dork
1/19/21 6:51 p.m.

I use cheap iteknic bluetooth earbuds. I leave one out and have to swap out near the end of the day or toss the one back in the case for a little bit when I'm working a stop to recharge.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0i3zeSjYpVx5kxveRhIi2S2XasBHySkPPE4ak09gvP0w9VdvsrifeCxQS06Y25Hw