2002colossalfailure New Reader
4/29/15 8:45 p.m.

I'm starting in a suspension rebuild (1998 neon) and learning as I go. There's a lot of rusty subassemblies, most probably not touched in over a decade. How do you take these apart so the bushing can be replaced? This side is OK, but the bushings on the other side (exhaust) are half gone.

Rad_Capz HalfDork
4/29/15 10:11 p.m.

Usually sway bar end link kits are cheap enough with all new hardware that you can just cut the old stuff if it's giving you a hassle.Check prices for yours.

Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
4/29/15 11:23 p.m.

You can probably grab a new pair for $20 and save a lot of hassle.

MCarp22 HalfDork
4/30/15 12:46 a.m.

Looks like you have a Suspension Techniques 21mm rear swaybar there:


The factory stuff wouldn't be compatible with that. You could either contact ST and get replacement parts, or the bolts / rod ends are available from hardware suppliers like mcmaster carr.

Hope that helps.

2002colossalfailure New Reader
4/30/15 5:34 a.m.

The exploded view on page 4 is just what the doctor ordered. Thanks

Our Preferred Partners