gabecar3
gabecar3 New Reader
7/2/18 8:33 a.m.

I am looking at putting harnesses into my challenge truck with a bench seat since my current budget doesn't allow me to put in a pair of racing seats without some serious budget modifications. So here's the question of the day:

Would a harness with a bench seat help hold you better in the autocross than just lap belts?

Also the belts in my truck are three points and a lap in the middle but none of them retract back in to increase tension on the belt or to actually stop you if you crash which is why I plan on changing my belts out. I don't think running the autocross without a belt is a great idea...

Thanks for the help,

Gabe

Link to my challenge car build thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1982-chevy-s10-2018-challenge-build-by-a-16-year-old-kid/138097/page1/

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/2/18 8:39 a.m.

I can answer this..... sort of. I have a 4 point in the drivers side of the truck. It does help, but not enough. You still spend a lot of time, and effort, straining to stay upright. Install, then work on your core. Seriously.... it will help. 

gabecar3
gabecar3 New Reader
7/2/18 9:00 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Okay sounds good.

Thanks for the definitive answer makes it easier to know if it will work or not.

The idea is to have some thing cheap that will be better than just lap belts but not expensive (and ugly imo) as a pair of bucket seats.

Thanks again,

Gabe 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FFAeDA9OBTMSl9GOesnHXheMd1qsVSCGgtnVz9OTGYiQySBoEdVqiVyzJcfx1eG6