steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
2/9/19 11:03 p.m.

most used and probably the cheapest accessory I've bought is a period steering wheel glove - the old wrap round type. I have put a pic on my blog - see steering wheel glove post on my blog

amerson
amerson New Reader
2/13/19 12:46 a.m.

I have always put a steering cover on all my cars. I like the quality of Wheelskins.

Nugi
Nugi Reader
2/13/19 9:38 p.m.

All early 80s and earlier steering wheels seem to be made to be wrapped in these. Newer cars are just too thick already in most cases for me.

I have used deerskin and suede from the local leather shop to DIY quite a few. Turns out better than the pleather ones, and miles cheaper than the nicer leather kits if you are good with a knife and awl. Preforated leather is available if you wanna go all fancy.

There are quite a few great yt vids on it, but check out Cechaflo. His are far and away the most detailed and refined I have seen. No dialogue, all attention to detail, and demonstrative action. An amazing resource for automotive leatherworking. 

On classic cars, I love using a thicker natural color leather and letting the patina develop. Like wire wheels on a jag, it just looks right. 

steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
2/16/19 5:44 p.m.

i reckon one of the  most useful accessories I've added is a wide angle rear view mirror. Not really in period keeping but a lot safer than the original "tunnel vision"  mirror. See https://mymgbinfo.wordpress.com/2019/01/10/wide-angle-rear-view-mirror/ 

steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
3/5/19 5:37 p.m.

just put the engine back in my MGB - a one man job with the engine leveller as a lot of tilt is required to get the engine into the engine bay ....see my MGB blog for pics.

DIYKing
DIYKing New Reader
7/3/19 3:23 a.m.

Mine is a wheel handle. Not seeing people use that now but before it was a huge craze

redco2
redco2 New Reader
7/31/19 11:21 p.m.

I would have to agree. It would also be a wheel handle. I remember my grandfather would have a wooden finish on his wheel handle! 

steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
11/9/19 11:01 p.m.

Just added reversing sensors to my classic - a bit out of period but really useful ...... and I think well hidden. See pics at  https://mgbtips.wordpress.com/2019/10/29/parking-sensors-on-an-mgb/

rightlane
rightlane New Reader
5/25/20 11:17 p.m.

It would be my brand new shift knob [link removed by mod] Thank God they still sell that part. Also my stick shift and the lock that you need to press and pull upward if going out so anything with sticks. 

FionaSmith
FionaSmith New Reader
9/26/20 2:54 a.m.

very helpful

Quinternion
Quinternion New Reader
10/7/20 12:50 a.m.

Just added a quite expensive dash cam and reverse cam on my 2006 civic. I am on my way out now to buy a First Strike Soft Bait https://bestratpoison.org/first-strike-soft-bait-review-rat-mice-rodenticide-poison/ that we need at home to get rid of the rats. So excited to use my new dash cam.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c8RdZ1ZeIGT6sX3Fmhph67Vuq8bK6ZhJiNJVVnFUYIqzHr9JEGbTOqTv8VnKKHNV