Skervey
Skervey Reader
12/29/15 10:01 p.m.

Hey guys I have been trying to throw the rear end of the car together before I move in a few weeks. I am swapping the rear control arm bushings from the stock ones to a set of used aftermarket ones. I had to burn the old ones out but now they are free and its time to put the new ones in. I had to try my very best and I was able to get one side in but it was way harder then expected and doesn't sit right in the arm so here is my Q

There seems to be a thin sleeve inside the arm that is in two pieces is that a part of the arm or the old stack bushings? Did some googling and came up with a few pic but I didn't seem them in arms with aftermarket bushings.

Here is what im talking about

Here is the gap between the two that makes me think its a part of the old bushing.

Here is the edge of it that I have not seen in photos of other peoples arms that have after market bushings.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltimaDork
12/30/15 2:44 a.m.

Look up the stock piece, does it have a steel shell?

Skervey
Skervey Reader
12/30/15 10:49 a.m.

No one sells the stock ones for the rear anymore I checked rock auto, advanced, napa ect...

Tried to call granny speed but no one picked up.

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/15 9:25 p.m.

Thinking waaaaaay back to when I did the bushings on my FC...

If I recall, those have to come out, but unfortunately I don't remember what magic is needed to make it happen. Have you checked in over on RX7Club?

jfryjfry
jfryjfry New Reader
12/30/15 10:11 p.m.

Looks like a sleeve to me. Take a punch and try and drive it out. If it deforms, keep going.
Heat would probably help

Skervey
Skervey Reader
1/4/16 12:35 p.m.

Thanks for the help guys! I gave racing beat a call and they said they were a part of the factory bushing and they have to come out. So with heat and a hammer they came out and the new bushings went in and now the car is back on the ground!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gd73SWON9hN4JmWfShqdlQKsfSIgF0pVKtv7j24TyI29sWYxXkbBkuRk27kCHAaG