herbnhero
herbnhero None
10/6/18 9:30 a.m.

I have a track weekend coming up, my 2nd ever, and I'm trying to decide where to get my inspection done. I don't have a mechanic since I've done all my own work up until recently since I bought a brand new car.  It's been to the dealer for some warranty repairs a handful of times, unfortunately, so I was considering getting the tech inspection done at the dealership. It's a Ford Focus RS and I have a pretty good relationship with the service department.

Has anyone taken their WARRANTIED car to the dealership for a track tech inspection before?

Anything I should be concerned with/Do I really want them knowing that I'm tracking my car?

The owners manual has a section on tracking the car so I'm pretty sure it's safe to do warranty wise. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

imgon
imgon Reader
10/7/18 8:02 a.m.

Does the group you run with have a list of places they prefer? If so use one of them so your dealer stays out of the mix. The groups I run with do tech inspections at the track with their own guys so I have no experience with having shops do the inspection. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/18 10:03 a.m.

I don't know that I have ever heard of a tech inspection that didn't happen at a track by race officials. Who are you running with?

herbnhero
herbnhero New Reader
10/7/18 8:43 p.m.

It's with PCA and they require an ASE certified mechanic complete an inspection form. I've run with BMW CCA once before who are much more lenient (don't require an ASE cert. mechanic). They do have a list of shops but they're all about 2 hrs away from me. They will still be doing a tech inspection on track, mostly to check the pre-track form. At this point I think I'll check with the dealership since my car will be going in tomorrow for something anyway. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wn4lFtZRjqKPW2IBpJ6kicX8SHnZtTVe6Grlda8IvLQxWvir0JJK3iGJUGNErw6v