ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
8/11/18 3:17 p.m.

This is mine for the taking... but I don't know if I want it.  The angle can adjust, the height can adjust, and it appears to separate - so I can run a circular saw down the middle?  I don't know.  Is this something I want?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/11/18 3:26 p.m.

I have something very similar to that. It's basically a portable work bench. At one point in time, it had some clamps/pegs that went into the holes across the top to hold material down. It looks like it should separate to act as a vice or just make the holding platform larger.

If it folds up small like mine does, it's nice to have around when working outside and doesn't take up much room. 

It's something I wouldn't go buy, but I also won't get rid of mine.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/11/18 3:33 p.m.

We had one for a while. They're small but handy. Most of our woodworking projects are home repairs, so we use two sawhorses now.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/11/18 5:18 p.m.

Craftsman's version of the venerable Black & Decker Workmate. As mentioned, there are bench dogs that fit into the through holes that let you clamp larger objects to the surface. I've had the latter for decades.  It's one of those sort of tools you don't know how useful they can be until you have one.  Mine is a bit heavier, but the legs fold out and is more stable. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
8/11/18 7:28 p.m.

Take it, they're super handy. I have one in my shop and I use it all the time.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/12/18 1:33 p.m.

When I get my new apartment I'm toying with the idea of buying something like this and building a whole wall bookcase rather than lining up a bunch of Ikea or craigslist stuff.  It's still a couple of months away but I did just google some online woodworking sites.  If anyone on here has favorite sites let me know.  I have a lot of books btw.  A lot.  cool  

So far I've only bookmarked Black and Deckers site and the magazine Popular Woodworking.

Something simple like below.

Oh btw I haven't done any woodworking since very early in high school.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/12/18 1:35 p.m.

as to the original post.  Free tools that still work?  Why not?  You can always sell it for $20 later and that translates into a six pack of good beer. angel

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kgludc7BJwikJlSpRKnDsBaFVThNGf59N2oA6Cnu0Xj5RpjrLhLs8f3U2IdYXkm1