1 ... 9 10 11
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/19 9:03 p.m.

Symptom wise it makes me think the auto shutdown relay is buggered though I'll have to find it.

Antihero
7/19/19 10:27 p.m.

Ok so, I read up on a diagnostic test where I jumper the + side of coil to the battery, if the fuel pump comes on it means the ASD relay isn't providing it power.....did the test and fuel pump came on, which means the ASD is bad.

I could be utterly wrong too, but it's getting dark so that's it for today

Antihero
7/20/19 4:14 p.m.

Or it could also mean that the ASD sees something wrong and isn't actuating. For example the HEP could be faulty.

I pulled the ASD(I think) and saw some corrosion too but not where it's actually connecting

Antihero
7/29/19 7:50 p.m.

One HEP replaced and one wire tracked down and.....it's running once again!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/29/19 8:01 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

yes  yes

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/2/19 10:41 a.m.

Have you been following Roadkill or David Freiburger’s Instagram lately?  They’ve picked up an 83 Rampage, also.

Antihero
8/2/19 2:44 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Have you been following Roadkill or David Freiburger’s Instagram lately?  They’ve picked up an 83 Rampage, also.

I saw it, and the previous owner was posting a lot about it on one of the Facebook groups I'm on.

It's cool Rampages are getting their due as cool quirky cars.....bad though because I think the price will creep up and I want another lol

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/24 2:49 p.m.

I don't do New Years Resolutions but I decided......I need to go another fly and drive soon-ish. It was cool re reading the thread and remembering 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/15/24 3:01 p.m.

Sooo, what are you in the market for?

Antihero
1/15/24 3:06 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

Sooo, what are you in the market for?

For the next few months, nothing since I badly need to finish one of 498654577643 projects around here. But afterwards?

Weird stuff more than likely, like....... AMC 4x4 sedans or SX4, maybe even a Concord. A super cool 90s f150 with a 300 in it maybe? Or something just as cool as the Rampage 

Antihero
1/15/24 3:13 p.m.

Or actually, the wife would love an mx-3 again. 

V-6 version only

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/15/24 3:58 p.m.

I see SX4s fairly regularly out here. AMX Eagles are uncommon on the road, but pop up for sale. No idea on how many '90s F-150s have 300s out here. Haven't seen an MX-3 in the wild in decades, it feels like. I don't know if I have ever seen an AMC Concord.

Feel free to search ksl.com. I can help put eyes on things.

Antihero
1/15/24 4:54 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

I see SX4s fairly regularly out here. AMX Eagles are uncommon on the road, but pop up for sale. No idea on how many '90s F-150s have 300s out here. Haven't seen an MX-3 in the wild in decades, it feels like. I don't know if I have ever seen an AMC Concord.

Feel free to search ksl.com. I can help put eyes on things.

The Concord is basically a rear wheel drive Eagle, but it's weird. I think both were available in straight six/manual too 

I appreciate it, the wife has really been wanting to see Zion and a few other places in Utah so it could work out well too

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/24 5:53 p.m.

4.2 stroker turbo Concorde manual please.

Antihero
1/15/24 6:00 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

4.2 stroker turbo Concorde manual challenge car please.

I fixed that for you lol

Antihero
1/15/24 6:08 p.m.

And actually, before I found the rampage there was a cheeeepppp nice Concord in Texas that almost was The One.

Glad I picked the right car though

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/15/24 8:03 p.m.

Is the Concord a sub-model of the Eagle? Is this one? Coming from the southwest, I think my definition of "Absolutely no rust" is different than the seller.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/8662390

On a separate note, I did actually see an MX-3 driving home on a different rode, today, so whould'a thunk?

Antihero
1/15/24 8:12 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

Is the Concord a sub-model of the Eagle? Is this one? Coming from the southwest, I think my definition of "Absolutely no rust" is different than the seller.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/8662390

On a separate note, I did actually see an MX-3 driving home on a different rode, today, so whould'a thunk?

It's basically just a 2wd Eagle, everything else is the same. 

Absolutely no rust except for you know....the rust? Lol

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xIEx49uRxNCMeKqBRMLM0u4QM6y3FAaoOZ4Wtb3rpBgFfqpzjnOxnPkRbrGQHR7U