1 2
slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
2/21/22 12:52 p.m.

Is there anyone from the Greater Metro Pittsburgh Area or surrounding counties on here?

It Might be fun to plan a get together, or just meetup at some point.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/21/22 1:16 p.m.

There's a handful of us. I'm in Smithton, I know we have members in uniontown, Carnegie, upper saint Clair, Indiana-ish, and I think the WV and Ohio border counties. 

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
2/21/22 1:25 p.m.

I'm in Beaver Falls, near the Turnpike and Pitt Race.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
2/21/22 1:46 p.m.

I am off of the turnpike in Westmoreland County..a few miles from the Allegheny County Line.

Planning on attending the 412 Rally Free Drive in April 2022. you can look them up on FB or just on the web. They said that they get everything from Lambo's to Subaru's... and they would let me join in with the Grüne Hölle '64 Dart

RevRico
3/1/22 4:15 p.m.

I'll just throw this out there. 

I have a card game once every 4 to 6 weeks depending on people's schedules. If any of y'all are interested let me know and I'll keep you in the loop. 

First hour or two is dealers choice of game, then Holdem tournament.

$20, unlimited buy ins. And we square everything up before the tournament. 

It turned into a couples thing, so they're welcome too. We usually have 5 to 8 players, I have chips for 10, usually someone else brings another set of chips. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/22 4:11 p.m.

I am in the Pittsburgh area, South Hills. I sometimes organize a spring rally-style get-together, time permitting, I will do one this year. 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
3/3/22 11:21 a.m.

@RevRico,

Thank you good to know. I hardly know how to play cards, so y'all'd proably clean up if I was at the table $$

@pinchvalve,

Sounds good That is right up my alley!- did you organize the pothole 500 a while back?

I have family in the south hills area so I am over that way on a somewhat semi regular basis.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/22 11:23 a.m.

I did, the Pothole 500 is mine. 

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
3/4/22 11:38 a.m.

I am in West Deer, a few minutes north of Pittsburgh, so it sounds like there are more than a couple of us!

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
3/4/22 3:01 p.m.

In reply to Cheeks :

Cool, I love driving Route 910 as a turnpike alternative - Lots of bends / elevation change and some bits of moderatley flat out area too.

Greg

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
3/7/22 1:35 p.m.
slantsix said:

In reply to Cheeks :

Cool, I love driving Route 910 as a turnpike alternative - Lots of bends / elevation change and some bits of moderatley flat out area too.

Greg

910 is a ton of fun to drive, there are lots of roads out this way that you can get some spirited driving in from time to time

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/13/22 2:30 p.m.

I am originally from the area and my parents and siblings still live there between Mt. Lebanon and Upper St. Claire. I don't get down there enough, last time was for the Vintage Grand Prix in '19.

I have to make it down there this summer though as I just missed my mother's 70th birthday due to a work trip.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
3/14/22 2:56 p.m.

I plan on some Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix activities this summer with the '64 Dart.

preach (dudeist priest)
4/25/22 7:11 a.m.

I am heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow from New Hampshire. I'll be there until Saturday AM. If anything is happening please let me know. Upper St. Claire area. 

One of the worst reasons to travel so would not mind any sort of vehicular distraction. From kicking tires to romping a 400hp VW around.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/25/22 8:08 a.m.

There could be some car cruises starting to pop up now that the spring has arrived.

There is this one in Irwin, by me.. I wont be there as I am going to a family event.

https://www.carcruises.com/cruise-details/?f_id=556212

I am Pretty much booked all weekend racing in MD sunday, Family event Saturday, and Dad's Birthday on Friday.

The SCCA Super Tour appears to be over at PITTrace.. That's a reasonable Jaunt for you from USC/ Route 19.

https://www.pittrace.com/track-calendar

Cheers!

Greg

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
4/25/22 10:06 a.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

I am heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow from New Hampshire. I'll be there until Saturday AM. If anything is happening please let me know. Upper St. Claire area. 

One of the worst reasons to travel so would not mind any sort of vehicular distraction. From kicking tires to romping a 400hp VW around.

wish you were staying a little longer, a bunch of us are heading to the go kart track on saturday evening for some fun. Bunch of auto-x events saturday and sunday this weekend also. 

if you need a distraction, look up 3 rivers karts and steel city karts, both have decent weekly deals and there are always a bunch of people there. I think they both run 50 bucks, unlimited racing on wednesday nite?

RevRico
4/25/22 11:58 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

I've got absolutely nothing going on this week other than the typical child care stuff 3pm to bed time. If you just want to get away and get some space from the situation, you're welcome to come down and hang out and have a meal. 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/25/22 2:15 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

If you want to kick some MoPar tires I am available wed/thurs night.

You might have to bear with me getting some things sorted out / packed for a drag racing weekend, You can help and do some heavy lifting  if your up to it...if your up for a drive on the turnpike / I70 over to my side of the city I will show you around.

Greg

preach (dudeist priest)
4/27/22 12:46 p.m.

I appreciate the offers but I found out is foreign car Carlisle this weekend so I am heading there Friday and Saturday then back north.

Hopefully will get to meet some of you at a better planned trip down here.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/27/22 1:26 p.m.

Yes, Cheers on your return Route.

That should be a good show.

I bet even some of the Classic Motorsports Gang might be there. I should make it a point to go some year.

Greg

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
4/29/22 10:08 a.m.

we'll be headed to 3 Rivers Karting in leetsdale tomorrow evening around 6-6:30 if anyone wants to stop by and get some racing in or just to watch 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/29/22 1:20 p.m.

Have Fun,

I have a family thing, Then Off to Maryland for Drag Racing with Ruster.

I have never been to Leetsdale..  It's on the opposite side of the metro area for me.

Have a blast in the Kartrena!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/29/22 1:54 p.m.

Sorry I missed you. I live in Upper St. Clair. 

DMG
DMG New Reader
6/12/22 6:54 p.m.

In reply to slantsix :

I am in Acme 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
6/16/22 7:25 a.m.

In reply to DMG :

Welcome...

I love going over to that area of the county.

Sections on PA routes 31 / 711 / 381 / 130 / bethel church road, and  clay pike road to Kecksburg are some of my favorites around those parts.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uuiNFec7wGo5PskfUCIojQi9HnNAQCUMbAMwHkZwWhY8MS2LnPv1syV58GPYFLO4