ttt123
ttt123 New Reader
3/12/20 9:59 a.m.

just curious if anyone from here is getting together here in Michigan. I frequently cruise woodward on Saturday evenings in the summer.. great time.

I also attend car shows like cars and coffee and local shows when able.

anyone have any to share? events coming up etc.

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/20 10:03 a.m.

Generally a pretty big following all across the state and a little beyond. Toledo to Holly, over to Grand Rapids and down to Ft Wayne. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/12/20 10:26 a.m.

We have a pretty sizeable group that meets for dinner and drinks a couple times a year. Last time we talked about getting together at one of the local drag strips' test and tune night for a little straight-line fun.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/12/20 10:26 a.m.

I'm not sure where you are located, but every Saturday morning there's a cars and coffee at Pasteiner's Auto Zone Hobbies NE corner of 14 mile and Woodward.  Not sure of the impact of the current health concerns though.

In the summer months there are always a lot of cool cars out in both Birmingham and Royal Oak on Thursday evenings.

Woodward is a constant rolling show every evening in the couple of weeks lead up to the Dream Cruise.

Car and Driver normally does a few big big cars and coffee events at M1 Concourse over the summer.

ttt123
ttt123 New Reader
3/12/20 11:19 a.m.

I've been to the M1 event a few times last summer and it was a great time.

I live up in the thumb but the last two years my wife and I found out about woodward on Saturday nights and went quite a few times to that. That is a blast, just sitting there watching the cars go by. As well as driving up and down and getting challenged lol lots of fun and having a flashy green car makes it even funner lol

I'm kind of new to meeting up with car guys. Been building and enjoying cars for the last 20 yrs but the last two years now with this 911 I've been trying to get more involved and we have been having a lot of fun with this stuff.

Fellow car enthusiast just have a great attitude.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/12/20 1:42 p.m.

There's also a cars and coffee at Zingermanns Roadhouse in Ann Arbor once a month April through October. Check out Renstatt Racing in Ann Arbor and Automotive Techniques in Novi for Porsche related gatherings. Bring it out to the track! I'm an instructor with Rally Sport Region PCA, we'd love to have you out!

ttt123
ttt123 New Reader
3/13/20 5:53 a.m.
PMRacing said:

There's also a cars and coffee at Zingermanns Roadhouse in Ann Arbor once a month April through October. Check out Renstatt Racing in Ann Arbor and Automotive Techniques in Novi for Porsche related gatherings. Bring it out to the track! I'm an instructor with Rally Sport Region PCA, we'd love to have you out!

thanks for the info. I went to grattan last year and had a blast. I definitely want to do more of the track events. When i redid the car I upgraded all suspensions components and bushings... handles like a go-kart lol

If i get my engine swap done this year, I will be at the track. come say hi if you see me... i'm a newbie dont run me off the track lol

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
3/15/20 9:11 p.m.

As Tom and Adrian noted we have had a few Detroit area get togethers and its a good group.   Spring time should get us out again soon I hope.

Oh, and Adrian and I are only a few miles from Woodward.  I'm out and about all summer in my 1969 Cougar restomod.  

ttt123
ttt123 New Reader
3/16/20 6:09 a.m.
wawazat said:

As Tom and Adrian noted we have had a few Detroit area get togethers and its a good group.   Spring time should get us out again soon I hope.

Oh, and Adrian and I are only a few miles from Woodward.  I'm out and about all summer in my 1969 Cougar restomod.  

awesome. i will keep an eye out for you, if you see the green bugger Porsche out there feel free to say hi wink

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/25/20 9:53 a.m.

Following along so I can meet some local GRMers once the civilization reopens.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
3/25/20 8:45 p.m.

artur1808-from threads Ive read you and I live pretty close to one another, or at least travel some of the same roads.  I'm in Beverly Hills near 13 Mile Rd and Evergreen though I travel all over SE MI for work.  Adrian is pretty close to me, like walking distance.

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/26/20 6:20 a.m.
wawazat said:

artur1808-from threads Ive read you and I live pretty close to one another, or at least travel some of the same roads.  I'm in Beverly Hills near 13 Mile Rd and Evergreen though I travel all over SE MI for work.  Adrian is pretty close to me, like walking distance.

Awesome! Yeah I'm just up in Troy, Rochester rd. and Big Beaver area. Hopefully I get a chance to meet up with you guys sometime

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/26/20 11:03 a.m.
artur1808 said:
wawazat said:

Awesome! Yeah I'm just up in Troy, Rochester rd. and Big Beaver area. Hopefully I get a chance to meet up with you guys sometime

Yup, we need to do a GTG as soon as it's safe.  Not only do Todd (Wawazat) and I live walking distance, it's actually closer to walk than by car!

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/20 12:45 p.m.

In reply to ttt123 :

Waterford Hills has several open track days each summer too.

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/20 5:09 p.m.

Y'all are welcome to drive out to Climax one of these weekends and park 6 feet apart and we will all yell lies about projects and bench race in the back yard.

devil devil devil

wawazat
wawazat Dork
5/11/20 7:08 p.m.

I do business with some of your corporate neighbors John-Systex, Franklin Plastics, Janesville Acoustics, AST, and a tiny bit with Denso.   I need to meet you for lunch sometime when I'm out your way.

slantsix
slantsix New Reader
5/12/20 7:53 a.m.

I have scheduled a few vacations in Michigan.. we have family up there..and its fun to spend a few days around dearborn, Woodard from ~ 12 mile up to pontiac.

Have never been to M1 concourse yet,

But I did drag the Disco Wagon to Pasteiner's auto zone for a Cars and Coffee one morning. I got parked in for a few hours but it was fun.

We also had a great time River Roar Car show up in bay city MI. 

Greg

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/20 5:08 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I am in plant 4:30a - 1:30p currently. Schedule an early afternoon and come laugh at the messes in the garage and pole barn devil

wawazat
wawazat Dork
5/20/20 12:44 p.m.

In reply to John Brown (Forum Supporter) :

Sounds good John!  I'll make sure I schedule some time to meet you.

Todd

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
6/1/20 1:35 p.m.

I'm within ~1 mile of Woodward, 11 mile just east of Main in Royal Oak. I've been trying to get my $100 miata back together so I can go out and cruise. Initial goal was going to be to have my Courier running for the dream cruise, would still love to have it out this year.

Send a PM if/when you're out and about in the area, i'd be happy to park and hangout for a while. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bUZ9hn59ODyiJMARIHAo7ZwYgTlrGZuCT9Go0wMZ57LsRmR8aKm0XVw4olGE9P8U