qbflyr
qbflyr
2/18/22 2:03 p.m.

Anyone here know anything about Xtreme Xperiences for driver ride a long in Ferrari, Lambo, C8 or other cars?  Are they legit??

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/22 2:21 p.m.

I haven't done it since the pandemic but prior to that I instructed with Xtreme four or five times a year and yes, they're legit.  I'm convinced that there's no better way to get on the track with a Supercar.  They really focus on a great customer experience.  The cars are in great shape and they have an excellent instructor training program.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
2/21/22 12:44 p.m.

Yes it's a good time, and Legit. - If you do groupon look for deals there before you book.

I have driven with them at Pittrace, Outside of Pittsburgh, PA.

There is a driver's meeting before your laps, and they try to scare you and upsell quite a bit, but I can't blame them for it.... it's a business, and prolly lots of people that have lttle driving experince on track.

For example...

-Need to Learn the track? Extra $59 for the taxi Ride.

- Cant keep 4 on the tarmac? Extra $200-$500 for the tires off course.

But if you know how to handle a vehicle on and off track and are not a general douschenozzle when driving, there's no need to worry about extra insurance or taxi.

You get a Ride along instructor as APEowner  as noted above and 3 laps in the car you choose.

Everything was well organized, maintained, clean, and straightforward . I Thoroughly enjoyed my Laps in the 911GT3. Not sure If I will be able to get into another one  of those in my lifetime, so I say go for it!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/22 3:15 p.m.

For what it's worth, I think the taxi ride is worth every penny if you're at a track you've never been on before.  You'll be in an expensive, unfamiliar car, likely with performance capabilities you've never experienced before, and you can get comfortable and enjoy the car quicker if you're not spending your time wondering about which way the track goes next.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
2/21/22 6:08 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Yes. That is true.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6V6JW6udxx9ySLN6P4N0ihb1wzSPy5MpMyWUKPTD9yRccnsfcScy763DBqjfzGdR