1 2 3 4 5 6
jh36
jh36 Dork
1/17/22 2:32 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

You really have my attention with a rally x Amazon. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/17/22 3:39 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

It's my avatar, baby!

We are indeed on the outlying areas of W-minster.  Union Bridge and especially Taneytown (TAW-NEE-Town, Hon!) are our stomping grounds.  There's a great brew pub in the latter, that we frequent. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/23/22 6:55 a.m.

Our first build day of the year was a success and low stress as intended. 
jimgood and our friend Kevin went through the rear of 36 and torqued everything down. We pulled the hub on the passenger side so we can accurately measure/replace the rotor mounting plates. 
We got the fuel pumps, regulator, pump switch mounted in the cell. 
A test connection after everyone left revealed that the male portion of the connector is broken, so I will be taking that back apart. I've ordered the replacement through Fuel Safe. 
That's why it's best to get an early start. 

Ed's e36 is going from ST5 rule set to spec3 so a new legal lsd is required. Ed and Jim (who has built a billion of these) got that job done in short order. 
Ed, Jim and I are also using Ed's car in AER this year, so fresh stuff is double good. 
Fun day and we were able to keep the temps in the 50's inside. The pizza was killer as well. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/23/22 7:18 a.m.

The culprit. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/22 8:25 p.m.

There's a strong likelihood that I'll be able to get across for the next one. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/23/22 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

That would be fantastic. We can look for better weather and wrench on your ride as well!  

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/25/22 10:28 a.m.

When is the next? 

I'm being an idiot and trying to buy this: 

Located somewhere in VA. Might be over my head but.....

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
1/25/22 10:47 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

That thing is cool... I bet those are somewhat difficult to find here in the states.

I like the quasi 50's pickup bed set on the back frame above the 5th wheel area.

yupididit
1/25/22 10:56 a.m.

In reply to slantsix :

That bed isn't included. Think it was there for storage. And yeah these are very hard to find. 

1/25/22 3:19 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Though their website suggests only vintage BMW parts, I'd hit up Maximilian Importing company in Monkton Md for parts sourcing of bits, if you decide to get it. 800-950-2002 (yes, those last 4 digits are intentional). 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/25/22 8:25 p.m.

AIn reply to yupididit :

That is absolutely killer. Wow. Yes. Yes. 

yupididit
1/25/22 9:55 p.m.

It doesn't run, it's 305 miles away in Galax VA, towing it... lol 

Need to solve these issues in the event that I'm able to get it.

Edit: where do I keep it lol

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/26/22 5:53 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

You got me interested so I started snooping. It seems they are all (well, lots for sale) parked in Brazil. Good looking ones going for around $10k. The canvas convered flat beds are cool. 

yupididit
1/26/22 7:53 a.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Yeah there's a couple for sale in Brasil right now that I would love. Don't know any importers that import from Brasil though. I decently speak Portuguese though. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/26/22 9:07 a.m.

We broke down near Galax last year, in the way back from Florida.  I love that area of VA.  There's a shop, England Automotive, in Max Meadows, VA, that really helped us out. He seemed to be into weird stuff- had some Saabs and other older foreign cars floating around.  Maybe they could help you arrange the purchase...

PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham
PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham UberDork
1/26/22 10:20 a.m.

So about the next shop day. I'm also across the bay from most of you (Centreville, MD), but if there's interest I could host the next one here in a couple weeks. Capt. Downshift's 323 is here so that can be tinkered on if he makes it out. I'll either have my race car, my parts car or both in the shop. Need to pull the engine/trans out of the parts car and do about a million different things to the race car in the next two months. If you're into really crude woodworking I also have a stack of 2x4s that I'm hoping to turn into a tire rack. Happy to provide a work space for any other group projects anyone feels like bringing.

If you're interested I'll try to figure out a good weekend.

1/26/22 10:25 a.m.

Also that Mercedes truck is amazing.

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/26/22 10:05 p.m.

In reply to PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham :

I have an interest in this.

1/27/22 12:51 p.m.

I'll be there, especially as the 323 will be getting an engine swap from my protégé LX (to get a BP and G series) So running a hand and assisting on another engine swap to pay it forward is just karma and confidence in getting it done. 

1/28/22 12:39 p.m.

How does February 12 or 19 strike people?

yupididit
1/28/22 1:54 p.m.

I can probably make the 12th. The 19th is my bday lol. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/28/22 2:59 p.m.

I am good for 2/12. In. 

1/28/22 4:54 p.m.

I can make 2/12 work 

1/28/22 8:36 p.m.

Alright cool. Open invitation for 2/12. I'll stock up on beverages. And please don't feel like you have to like come and expend effort or anything. This is all for fun.

1/28/22 8:37 p.m.

Shoot me a DM and I'll send my cell and address if you're planning on hanging out. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bLqUtn5A1Y74SQcXPIwsAjD5iwcdnmK0dzH7uG4F00vDtVSAVG4Vvmia7TBpnmT2