BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/23 1:15 p.m.

Now that the paperwork part of the transaction is complete, I'll be flying out to Columbus OH on Friday morning to pick up the latest folly, then hightail it back home mostly via the infamous WV country roads.

For once, I *didn't* buy the cheapest possible version of a car, but sprung for what's supposed to be one of the nicest examples around, at least this side of the Mississippi.

Teaser pic, hot linked of course:

That'd be the third X1/9 I own, basically one in each country I've lived in so far.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
4/18/23 1:28 p.m.

Came for the Mini, left disappointed.....  laugh

BoxheadTim
4/18/23 1:33 p.m.

Sorry to disappoint, it's a mini f&d, not a Mini f&d. There was actually an Innocenti 1300 for sale around here, but I ended up giving that one a miss as it had the body seams shaved and I'm always concerned how well that's been done.

A proper 1300 Cooper on the roads around here would be a massive riot.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
4/18/23 9:44 p.m.

Oh hell yes! Enjoy it.

BoxheadTim
4/21/23 8:04 a.m.

Columbus OH here I come. Off to a good start, even got upgraded to sit a bit closer to the front of the plane. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/21/23 8:26 a.m.

Sweet. I love some x1/9 shenanigans. 

whats the plan for it? More power?

BoxheadTim
4/21/23 1:07 p.m.

Crossed the Ohio River. Everything so far is going well, but both car and river needed a pit stop. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/21/23 1:34 p.m.

Did it come from Bayless?

BoxheadTim
4/21/23 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

They brokered the deal, yes. 

BoxheadTim
4/21/23 7:48 p.m.

Made it home in one piece. I think the Bertone arrived in better shape than the driver. That same day f&d was a little ambitious, at least I seem to be feeling each one of my years and then some. Hence, no photos tonight  

Maybe I should try this "sleep" thing occasionally, I heard good things about it and it's supposed to help with recovery.

US50 through the central part of WV East of Bridgeport is a hoot in this car, while going at speeds that reduce the risk of making a hole in the scenery. 

BoxheadTim
4/21/23 7:49 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

Mostly enjoy it, although I already discussed higher compression cylinder head and headers/exhaust with Matt at MWB when I picked up the car.

Its really too nice to mess about with, but maaaaaaaybe some bolt ons...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XGP9uFGDBFy5z56cqC8VSN4G5jMBqtuPdpKKP07eincwIiiqpj3zZsR9vRaKqVKI