RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/26/22 1:37 p.m.

I didn't put this in the southwest PA thread because this thread will go away in a little over a month (locked or deleted if the mods can delete the whole thing), but it's getting to be that time of year again.

The demons birthday party is coming up on Saturday May 28th. Haven't invited the forum in a couple years, but now that we're settled at the new place and gathering restrictions are lifted, I figured I should. 

This year is an Encanto theme. I still haven't watched the movie, but I guess I'm making tacos instead of my usual pork butt and chick filet clone nuggets. 

So basically, COME EAT TACOS.

There will be options, regular beef tacos, spicier chicken adobo tacos, and I'm trying my hand at authentic, fried in lard, carnitas. The jury is still out if these will be walking tacos or regular tacos, or most likely, both.

Room at the house to park 15 or so if I'm careful about it, but we'll probably be running a shuttle from Flying J as well.

No need for gifts, just come eat. Bring your kids and let them go crazy for a while. The pool will NOT be open, but there may be water balloons. 

Located just off the Smithton exit of 70. I'll post my number and possibly the address at a closer time, just wanted to get this up and advertised.

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
4/26/22 1:50 p.m.

Near Smithton Hole?

RevRico
4/26/22 1:56 p.m.

In reply to Cheeks :

Nearby. Unfortunately, that was permanently closed as of 2016.

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
4/29/22 10:15 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Cheeks :

Nearby. Unfortunately, that was permanently closed as of 2016.

yeah, I ran a couple rally-x events there, was a lot of fun! 

I have to check with my boss (wife) to see what we're doing that day, its a short jaunt up the turnpike for us, I'll keep you posted

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
5/2/22 9:11 p.m.

Unfortunately I probably can't make it,

But thanks for sharing.

Mother in law's surprise 70th party in South Park... somewhat on the opposite end of the metro area.

What time frame are we looking at on the 28th?

RevRico
5/23/22 4:45 p.m.

So this Saturday is coming up quick.

Anybody passing through or bored is welcome. I've been telling people 4, wife has been telling people 3. Kids will probably tucker out around 8-9 but people tend to stay late.

Tons of food, doing finishing shopping Thursday, so I can cook Friday. 

Weather is looking promising.

RevRico
5/28/22 10:43 a.m.

The adobo chicken is shredded after 12 hours of simmering.

Cheese is on, veggies are chopped, pork is getting ready for its lard bath, and the ground meat is going to stay cooking soon.

Come down and grab a bite this afternoon/evening. Bring your kids. 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
5/28/22 10:17 p.m.

Hope the shindig went well.

Sorry I couldn't stop by. I was pseudo host and grille master at our family at south park, after the rain cleared it was a good day.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bIeNuyWWh5eaJxapc4lLgfkkSvvqQfGULALhCqxX9ZXQEXus9YM1uelqki0luDdK