greenwoodjw
greenwoodjw GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/30/22 5:10 p.m.

Not car content, but I will be in Daytona for a couple days this week on business, looking for local cool places to eat on a modest per diem.   I am a strict carnivore.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
10/31/22 8:46 a.m.

Hyde Park Steakhouse is great and on beachside in the tourist district. Rose Villa Southern Table throws down a mean fried chicken. Speaking of, if you're doing takeout or DD, Bethune Grill's wings are legendary around here--get the honey sauce. Brickyard looks like a skeevy bar outside, but inside is a cozy, not-skeevy bar with the best burgers in the county. Stonewood also grills a nice steak that's less $$ than Hyde Park. That should get you started :)

Margie

greenwoodjw
greenwoodjw GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/3/22 8:36 p.m.

Thanks for the recommendations, and thanks for your awesome magazines.  Wound up at the Brickyard and yes, the burgers were excellent, would only have been better if I got a 10mm socket in my change.   Hopefully our prospect becomes a client and I will be back soon to try the rest of your suggestions.   

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/3/22 9:25 p.m.

Jimmy Hula's has some good tacos.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/3/22 9:37 p.m.

In reply to greenwoodjw :

Awesome, glad Brickyard delivered, and you are so welcome for the magazines--it's kinda our jobs :) And DJ is right, Jimmy Hula's is solid. Let us know if/when you head back and we'll have more recommendations.

Margie

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
1/1/23 11:37 a.m.

Margie--

Semi-related question, but thought it easier to try this thread before I would start a new one.  In addition to the "eats" recommendation above can you direct a new FL transplant to the events/calendars that you use for your east/treasure coast parts of the state?    I'm not having luck finding a consolidating website that the area clubs use to post their auto-x, etc.  Some of what I used in MD and PA just doesn't translate to this area.  Hopefully it's not a matter of finding all the individual clubs' websites?     Any direction is appreciated, and Happy New Year!!  -Jeff

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dn56hcZLCsiilVDTG3JW3PPROHmdo9r6sQtybfHvuj5ZL1aBAvvLbq4pNMTQtUYL