Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/18/18 11:25 a.m.

A buddy of mine, the one that has the shop and the lift, knows another feller who dailies a gt3rs. He never pushes the car. But he wants it to get pushed. Well, he just called my pal and said today is a good day for you to take this thing up mt. Baker. I won't ride with you, you scared me too bad in your rallycar, here's the keys, don't crash it. So I am gonna drive up north and help my pal push this car, cuz that's  what friends do, when help is needed. Gotta run ok bye cya

Pix later...

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/18/18 5:53 p.m.

Well, it wasn't a gt3rs... just a mere gt3. So I turned round and went home.. 

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/18/18 5:54 p.m.

Like hell I did!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/18/18 5:57 p.m.

That is the best 6 cyl noise I have ever heard. The 9k scream is fanTAStic. PDK gearbox is every bit as good as everyone says. In a straight line, my car monsters this. But the way this thing goes round corners, the steering feel, the brakes, the everything.... hooboy. Good thing I don't have huge scads of money laying about.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/18/18 6:37 p.m.

Awesome!  You got me for a moment with your post about turning around a going home. 

The GT3 is a fantastic automobile.  I've driven faster cars but I've never experienced anything else that feels, or sounds as good to drive (although the Ferrari 458 comes close.)  Every time I drive one I start thinking about how cheap a house I'd have to live in in order to afford one.   Really the only thing I don't like about them is that the PDK is annoyingly jerky when starting off slowly.  I've never driven one on the street but imagine that would get old in traffic.  I'd be willing to put up with it however.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/18/18 9:42 p.m.

I was driving home from Horseshoe Bay this afternoon and I thought I saw tire smoke coming from Mt Baker.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/19/18 1:47 a.m.

Tha balance of that car is just amazing. Most cars, you push 'em, and you start to see the faults. This one though, it showed absolutely zero inclination to show a ragged edge at all. The harder we drove the better it got. No final understeer, no lift throttle oversteer, no brake issues, no nuthin. Great googly moogly I wanna try it out on a track...

And no that tire smoke wasn't us! Musta been someone else!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/21/18 8:50 p.m.

*I've never driven one on the street"

I am gonna suffer a fatal case of envy....

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/21/18 10:59 p.m.

How did you like that chip seal garbage they put on the last 8 miles or so of the road?

Completely ruined a good riding road. They've done it on the first little bit of the Guide as well.

Washington State needs to put down the pipe and pave properly.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/22/18 11:06 a.m.

We do not like the chipseal atall. Did we let it slow us down? No we did not....

java230
java230 UltraDork
9/27/18 11:29 a.m.

That is a good road :) Just watch for avalanches in the winter..... Don't ask me how I know....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KuwUiIppGm75QBsYv3vyqNanFVy5ObMk2eKgTHq0rL9CwA4BJ8UWpAbCJ4cA3Ll5