FCP Euro Tops $100 Million in Annual Sales for 2020

Colin
By Colin Wood
Dec 9, 2020 | FCP Euro

Is 100,000,000 of something good? Depends on the context: $100 million in annual sales? Good. 100,000,000 cockroaches in your house? Not so much.

Thankfully, the former of those two was achieved by the crew at FCP Euro, who pride themselves on their “rise from mom-and-pop shop to industry leader” with its most recent sale success.

Specifically, FCP Euro CEO Scott Drozd notes that “Hitting this milestone is a surreal moment for us,” and that the company’s success has always been based on its focus on “our employees, our customers, and our partnerships.”

FCP is expected to make $110 million total for 2020, up from $72 million in 2019.

For more information about FCP Euro and their sales milestone, head over to their website at fcpeuro.com, or read the press release below:

MILFORD, CT (December 9, 2020) — Today, Connecticut-based online auto parts retailer FCP Euro announced that they have surpassed $100 million in annual sales, a milestone achieved through 20 years of consistent revenue growth. As a company recognized in Inc. magazine's 5000 fastest-growing privately-owned companies for seven years, this milestone is a testament to the focus on customer service and the growth of the digital presence within the Automotive Aftermarket.

Originally a brick-and-mortar store established in Groton, Connecticut in 1986, FCP Euro has become a growing presence in the 400 billion dollar Automotive Aftermarket, a feat company leaders Scott Drozd (CEO) and Nick Bauer (President and Founder) see as another humbling achievement on their strategic path to continued success.

"Hitting this milestone is a surreal moment for us," said Scott Drozd, CEO of FCP Euro. "Our focus has always been our employees, our customers, and our partnerships. Those relationships are the cornerstone of our success. We will continue to invest in unparalleled customer service and user experience, which we're confident will fuel continued growth for the foreseeable future. "

FCP Euro is on pace for $110 million in total 2020 parts sales, with a total workforce of 175 employees, up from 2019 totals of $72 million and 130 employees. The company expects continued momentum in the digital channel of the Automotive Aftermarket, which is experiencing 30% annual growth with a 2023 projection of $30 billion in annual sales. By 2025, FCP Euro anticipates achieving $500 million in annual revenue.

FCP Euro is an online provider of OE, OEM, aftermarket, and genuine auto parts for European vehicles, with a focus on connecting their content directly with the automotive enthusiast community. Along with their e-commerce website, the company invests heavily into video and written content focused on helping DIY (do-it-yourself) automotive enthusiasts learn how to maintain and repair their vehicles. Through car shows, events, and an in-house professional motorsports team, FCP Euro fosters deep relationships within the community. For more information on FCP Euro and to learn about these and more offerings, you can visit https://www.fcpeuro.com.

Like what you're reading? We rely on your financial support. For as little as $3, you can support Grassroots Motorsports by becoming a Patron today.

Become a Patron!

Join Free Join our community to easily find more FCP Euro news.
More like this
Comments
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/9/20 2:13 p.m.

Wow.  Maybe I need to find another 'little guy' to buy from.   A significant portion of that 100 million has been mine.  cheeky

They do a good job.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/9/20 2:17 p.m.

There have been a load of crappy euro parts suppliers, so good for these guys being able to not only survive, but thrive!

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/9/20 2:21 p.m.

They've done well for me, reliable and fairly fast shipping.  Good for them

Opti
Opti Dork
12/9/20 2:24 p.m.

Bought my first Euro car last week, within a couple days I had an order at FCP Euro. I love the way they have kits with all the necessary hardware and gaskets.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
12/9/20 2:28 p.m.

Order arriving today.

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
12/9/20 2:51 p.m.

Good. They deserve it and are our go-to for the Lemons E36. I keep coming back for the oem-but-not-bmw-labeled parts, plus the mix of non-BS mod stuff.

FCP you listening?  Pretty sure this place has a good ROI on advertising. wink

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/9/20 5:01 p.m.

That's an impressive growth rate for a company that size.  I've ordered lots of parts from them and was always impressed with the service.  Anything I order from them I can assume is OEM or OEM+.  I can also affirm that someone on this forum recommended them.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/9/20 6:31 p.m.

Impressive 5 year projection @ $500MM!

Never had a problem with them and always great service.

Just came in.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
12/9/20 7:30 p.m.

Same here- I had no idea they were this big. But I love their kits- and as mentioned above, I love that they find the OEM manufacturer of the part and get the non-BMW branded part built by the OEM manufacturer. Case in point (if I recall correctly) was Boge shocks for my E36 M3. But I ordered a TON of parts from them, and never had a complaint.

Good on ya, fellas.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/9/20 8:04 p.m.

Customer since the brick/mortar days on Long Hill Rd.  Foreign Car Parts of Groton

Bravo FCP!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
12/9/20 8:37 p.m.

Guess I'll have to dip my toes in the water and put in an order. I have an older Mercedes so I need to find a good supplier to send all my money to.

Jimmy_Paycheck
Jimmy_Paycheck
12/10/20 9:49 a.m.

I've been restoring a Volvo this fall and they have good prices on good quality parts. I get my orders in 2-3 days, and in a dozen orders, there hasn't been a problem.

12/10/20 10:42 a.m.

At what point does the GRM community get a loading dock or something named in our honor? laugh

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/20 10:51 a.m.
Hoondavan said:

The whole industry had a really good year. Just like home improvement stores, automobile improvement stores did well during the various lockdowns.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/10/20 10:55 a.m.

I like that I can get a warranty replacement on used oil.

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/10/20 2:25 p.m.

I can't see why you wouldn't order from them if you planned on keeping the car for a period of time. Free replacements for life is just too good of a deal to pass up. An oil change for my wife's X5M ends up costing me $20. I couldn't beat that price with parts store conventional oil let alone using Liqui Moly and Redline like I do.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/10/20 3:08 p.m.

I have no qualms about a returning defective or unsatisfactory purchase, but I would never return a worn-out or used-up part for a warranty claim.

I have no doubt that FCP would cheerfully replace it, but I don't roll that way.

To be clear I'm not calling out anyone here, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/10/20 3:21 p.m.

In reply to bludroptop :

That is literally their entire business model. They procure and retain customers based on that extensive warranty. It's not some scam; they literally advertise it.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/10/20 3:32 p.m.

I didn't say it was a scam.  I said I wouldn't do it.  Ethical standards, like so many things, are not binary.

I thought their business model was to sell quality parts at a fair price and treat their customers with respect and courtesy.  Silly me.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/10/20 3:33 p.m.

When did they become a quality supplier?

When I got my first E30 in I think 2007..............they were known for selling off-brand stuff with a poor reputation for longevity and quality.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/10/20 3:42 p.m.
bludroptop said:

They literally tell you to do it...  I don't see what's unethical about it?

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/10/20 4:02 p.m.

In reply to bludroptop :

Get off your high horse and rejoin reality. Lifetime replacement was their idea. They even advertise it as acceptable on track cars. There isn't a single part of it that's unethical. Most parts they sell won't go bad before someone sells the car, and that's how they make money.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/10/20 4:47 p.m.

My high horse?  GTFO!

Here are the assertions I have made in this thread:

1. I have done business with this company for over 30 years

2. I believe that they sell good parts at a fair price

3. I would not personally return a consumable item because I used it up, and expect them to replace it

4. My standards may not equal yours, and that is not a matter of right vs. wrong

If you are butt-hurt about any of that - and apparently some of you are - sorry not sorry.

I will stop now out of respect for the fact that this thread was initiated to recognize their sales milestone, not to squabble.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/11/20 7:07 a.m.

When they went to the lifetime replacement warranty I was already buying about 50% of the items for my e28 through them. It seemed concurrently most of the other supply houses were selling out at the time to one big conglomerate whose soul(yep that was intentional) purpose was to maximize profits and burn the business down. Nearly 90% of my business went to FCP after that.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/11/20 11:20 a.m.
z31maniac said:

When did they become a quality supplier?

That sounds like ECS

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/11/20 12:29 p.m.

I ordered a piddly little interior light for the E39 from them recently.  I chose the cheapest possible shipping option.  It was on my doorstep in two days.

I'm a happy customer.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/11/20 1:47 p.m.

Good supplier, one of my favorite to work with.  The warranty thing is awesome even though I haven't had to use it yet (but I definitely will).  The OP seems to confuse $100m in revenue with $100m in earnings though... big difference.

mfennell
mfennell Reader
12/11/20 2:39 p.m.

Yeah, FCP is great.  I had no idea how big they are now.   I ordered a ton of stuff. in the spring  Lots of individual fasteners.  Took me 30 minutes just to inventory everything.  Not a single mistake, which is definitely not par for the course with other places I've dealt with.  It doesn't hurt that I sometimes see regular UPS shipments from CT to NJ in 24 hours.  They are very efficient.

Another thing I like is that someone will respond to emails.  I made a point of buying a few things from a smaller shop that has great YT content that I learned a lot from but my emails go nowhere.  Emails trying to spend 100s of dollars (like, they carry a particular strut but not the exact version I need or the tune upgrade I needed from X->Y isn't listed on the site because of an oversight).  Email following up on a phone call to, again, spend a bunch of money.  I finally gave up.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/11/20 3:54 p.m.
m4ff3w said:
bludroptop said:

They literally tell you to do it...  I don't see what's unethical about it?

I'm on Bluedroptops side.  I would feel like a complete douche, plus I would wonder where they were screwing me to make up the loss.

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/12/20 8:14 a.m.

They are right down the road from me and their staff is not only knowledgeable but also super friendly.  We attended a cars and coffee there and one of their team members talked to my kids about their race car, gave them stickers, etc.  People make the business, and these guys have done a great job.

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/12/20 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

They're banking on you not needing to replace the parts twice. Most people only replace a tie rod or a strut once before they sell the car and move onto something else. This warranty policy was their idea; if you choose not to use it, that's your loss.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/12/20 5:45 p.m.

In reply to 350z247 :

People send their engine oil and filters back...

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/14/20 9:18 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Yeah, I just did it again last month; I've also spent $1,500 there this year on things other than oil. I bought the parts from FCP because I know I'm only buying them once. This was their marketing idea, and it's clearly working out for them.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/14/20 11:58 a.m.
350z247 said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Exactly this.  The % of people who keep a car long enough to replace wear-items more than once is pretty small (we're a group of oddballs). The oil & filter warranty isn't worth the time and hassle for me...I usually buy the cheap stuff anyway.  If you're strictly shopping for prices, some items can be a little more expensive...but their service & general good vibes are worth it.  I don't buy everything from them, but they're the first place I look.

ebelements
ebelements Reader
12/14/20 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Wowwwww. I didn't know the people that go to restaurants, order a coke, request multiple refills the complimentary bread, then leave were adept enough to use tools.

kyhjT689MKSYPjX4HYLSanWeC4YvtLXzgwNUA99s0m4ioPW6r2QDGZBi10426gkB