ICYMI: Acura announces return of the Integra at NSX Type S reveal

Colin
By Colin Wood
Aug 14, 2021 | Acura, type s, Integra, NSX

Sure, we now know what the NSX Type S looks like, but Acura also dropped the news that it has plans to revive the Integra label for 2022.

Yesterday, Acura unveiled the limited NSX Type S, rated for 600 horsepower and 492 lb.-ft. of torque–27 more horses and 16 more torques than the “normal” model–with only 350 units to be produced worldwide. Of that 350 figure, 300 are destined for here in the United States.

The release also notes an optional “Lightweight Package” that adds carbon-ceramic brakes (with your choice of black, silver, red or orange calipers), a carbon engine cover, and carbon interior trim. In total, the package removes nearly 58 pounds from the NSX.

Pricing starts at $169,500, with the Lightweight Package tacking on an additional $13,000.

As exciting as the NSX Type S is, it’s the surprise news that followed the reveal that really got us foaming at the mouth: The Integra is set to return next year.

As far as what we can expect from the fifth-gen model, Acura is keeping a tight lip, saying that “more details about the new Acura Integra will be available closer to its 2022 introduction.”

To hold us over until then, Acura at least gave us the teaser sketch above.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more Acura, type s, Integra and NSX news.
Comments
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/13/21 8:46 a.m.

And there's already some discussion about the new Integra over on the forum here.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/13/21 10:00 a.m.

There was an NSX at the cars & coffee display at the PVGP car show. I thought the car was a little bland in photos, but amongst McLaren's and Lambos, it held up pretty well in the flesh. I'm sure it has Honda's reliability and everyday driveability, the question to me is: is it a better option than a similarly priced Porsche 911? I hope to be in a financial position to have to deal with that question someday.

Patientzero
Patientzero GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/21 12:52 a.m.

I saw these on Facebook.  Thought I'd share.

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/14/21 3:56 p.m.

am I the only one that things the nsx is just not appealing to look at?

LeftLaneLoser
LeftLaneLoser UltraDork
8/14/21 4:02 p.m.
Patientzero said:

I saw these on Facebook.  Thought I'd share.

Nice "Lamborghini"

JimS
JimS Reader
8/14/21 4:33 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

I agree. Same for McClarens, C8's, and others. There's a wow factor but no beauty.

Patientzero
Patientzero GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/21 5:12 p.m.

I think it looks way better than the regular C8.  The widebody racecar is a different story.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/14/21 8:21 p.m.

In reply to JimS :

Computers rarely design curves.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/14/21 8:23 p.m.

It's a Lambo with an Acura badge.

GB
GB New Reader
8/15/21 7:26 a.m.
Patientzero said:

I saw these on Facebook.  Thought I'd share.

Thanks for sharing,

Looks nice!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/15/21 8:27 a.m.

My prediction....the Integra will be over $40K and 3000 pounds.....right off my radar.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/21 8:57 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

My prediction: the Integra will be a crossover CUV.

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
8/15/21 7:47 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Isn't the current Civic at 3,000 pounds? The biggest mistake would be to make this Integra in both a 2 and 4 door model. It used to be that the Integra brought more to the table than a Civic. What more can that be over a Civic Si or Type R?

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/15/21 7:58 p.m.

I am hoping for a four door version of the new Integra, personally.

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
8/16/21 12:55 p.m.

New integra will be a rebodied Civic Type R....overstyled douchy wanna be racer.

Damn the new NSX is such a let down.

The OG NSX was clean, simple, tight lines, trim, and straight forward reliable.

The new one is overstyled, overcomplicated (Hybrid, 4wd, nonsense), overly expensive and won't live up to the reliability legacy.

Remove the heavy hybrid drivetrain and AWD system, 400+ HP from a N/A motor (make it scream!), 7 speed manual or DCT, a lightweight study on everything, and focus on longevity and reliability......THAT is an NSX and a true competitor to the 911, anything Lotus makes, low level Lambos, and the C8.

Junkers
Junkers New Reader
8/16/21 4:50 p.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

I am hoping for a four door version of the new Integra, personally.

Remember when they sold 4-door Integras?  I always thought they were odd - sorta like a 2-door Camry was odd.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/16/21 6:51 p.m.
Junkers said:
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

I am hoping for a four door version of the new Integra, personally.

I do, and am hoping for a good, cohesive design this time around.  That, and odd isn't always a bad thing, as long as it isn't bad at the same time.

TSSn6Zy6ATLwDKH1ZfhT8PYHAZKLqvZhTdsgk8ciMoWp05xyeWmJU6hPc2Ut4yU7