Tonight on GRM LIVE!: Detailing Secrets

Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Starts In:

motionmailapp.com

Does you car look a fright? Did you just bring your new beauty home and it doesn’t look as good in your garage as it did in the dimly lit parking lot you bought it from? Just want to shine up your baby so the neighbors don’t call the HOA on you? Well tune in tonight when we’ll host Tim McNair of Grand Prix Concours Preparation who’ll share the car detailing tips and tricks he uses to prep cars for the world’s most demanding judges. We’ll talk about everything from how to make your new car shine better than the factory ever intended, to some down and dirty tricks to make your old piece of junk look better than it has any right to.

Watch Grassroots Motorsports Live! Presented by CRC Industries on the Grassroots Motorsports Facebook Page and YouTube Channel at 9pm eastern, and don’t forget to post your questions and comments.

Powered by SlickText.com

Join Free Join our community to easily find more news.
Comments
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/13/19 3:40 p.m.

Tim: Please please please show me how to fix rust holes with the buffer.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/13/19 4:07 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

And dents! I'm always told they'll buff out, yet I'm never able to get them too!

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/13/19 4:19 p.m.

I'll start with th questions, but will be on tonight to ask in the live as well, but can you put was on top of ceramic sealant, or is that a no-no.

3/13/19 4:36 p.m.

I have watched Tim work several times. It's not going to be a case of using expensive products. In the end, it's clever solutions combined with time and dedication. Come join us tonight--guarantee you'll learn something.

3/13/19 8:03 p.m.
3/13/19 8:07 p.m.

And, yeah, Facebook is borked tonight. Please join us on our YouTube channel.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/13/19 9:21 p.m.

Detailing is a passion of mine and I've read and watched almost everything out there on the subject.

It's entirely too nuanced to touch on everything in a short show like that but I really liked Tim's practical and easy common sense approach. Especially for DD's or weekend play things.

The products that companies have developed in the last ten years or so have really changed the game.

Good show.

3/13/19 10:59 p.m.

Thanks and glad that you enjoyed it. We have worked with Tim for years--a total class act who gets it. He's also into all kinds of cars, from '50s Ferraris to Honda CRX SiR.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/14/19 12:04 p.m.

Btw, and I've thought this for awhile, just haven't posted it as of yet, but JG is masterful at letting guest inform and teach and providing insightful commentary and questions to prompt greater depth into important aspects that may interest the audience, without stepping on toes or coming off as a know it all who's steering the guest off of their course. It's a masterful subtle balance that's incredibly difficult to do, in spite of it sounding relatively easy.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/14/19 12:16 p.m.
captdownshift said:

To protect your protectant?

From what I've been able to determine yes but I'm not an expert.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/14/19 12:53 p.m.
captdownshift said:

Thanks. This means a lot, as it's pretty much the spirit I try and approach the show with. Ultimately I'm not an expert at much of the stuff we cover. At best I'm a moderately knowledgeable amateur, so I just do my best to brings the gap between my knowledge and that of the subject, and hopefully we all learn something together. I'm glad this is coming through in the final product.

586CZFPq9UZ0PSo3uqUjH7LPsK1tHT7gxc65r46PSV435t8NO4UTZjXPlbjvwNpx