You Need This: Eclipse!

David S.
By David S. Wallens
Aug 21, 2017 | Mitsubishi

How appropriate for today: a Fast and Furious replica 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo

Join Free Join our community to easily find more Mitsubishi news.
Comments
8/21/17 12:10 p.m.

Yes, I totally went there.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/21/17 12:13 p.m.

Didn't those things have engine management worth like 50g's?

12.5k for the whole car is a steal.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/21/17 12:27 p.m.

Yes, and just like today's eclipse, I'll go blind if I stare at that thing for more than a few seconds...

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/21/17 12:28 p.m.

AUTOMATIC?

8/21/17 12:48 p.m.
noddaz wrote: AUTOMATIC?

Turbo 400?

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone Reader
8/21/17 1:30 p.m.

It's hard to tell from the pics, but hopefully the floorboards are in good condition and did not completely fall out due to "danger to manifold."

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
8/21/17 1:53 p.m.

"Not a bad way to spend 10 grand"

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/21/17 2:10 p.m.

I want it, but not for that price.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
8/21/17 2:42 p.m.

Well... At least the automatic will keep the new owner from "Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should"

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/21/17 2:48 p.m.

Maybe if I was 17. One, I didn't really learn stick until I was 18, and that was right when the first movie came out.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/21/17 4:49 p.m.

I think i went to the very first showing of F&F. I was about 16 or 17 and the movie got out around midnight. It was the craziest night on the roads that i can remember. Literally everyone who was still awake was hooning around like fools. I did an accidental donut in the middle of the street pulling out of a Jack in the Box in my dad's Dakota and spilled the free drinks i was just given, but that was mostly unrelated. But, the guy behind me in the drivethrough was in an eclipse and kept trying to get his car (stock automatic i assume) to do some kind of burnout by backing up in the drive through and throwing it into drive while flooring it. He was making me a little nervous.

I distinctly remember that the non-turbo 2.0/automatic Eclipse was literally the only thing on the roads worse than SN95 v6 Mustang in terms of people taking a very slow car and attempting to race anything that would move anyway. I used to stomp all of them in my stock Dodge Dynasty. I later learned that if you were racing a 1984 model the stock Dynasty would stomp the v8s too.

Surprisingly, a turbo eclipse is something i have never owned! You would think it's right up my alley.. but i have owned non turbo 1g and 2g as well as an Avenger.

/rant.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
8/21/17 7:08 p.m.

This was the first Wallens "You need this" where I was thought to myself, "No, I really don't". Your streak in broken Wallens!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/21/17 7:15 p.m.

Not gonna lie, id dd a spilner replica.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
8/21/17 10:38 p.m.

Gotta get a curly blonde wig and aim for that real deal replica.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
8/21/17 11:05 p.m.

I wouldn't be caught dead in some "movie car"!!

BRB, need to check collectorcartrader.com for yellow '73 Mustangs and black '77 Trans-Ams.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/22/17 3:07 a.m.

I dunno, it looks like it'd top out at 140... You'd need NOS. One of the big ones. No, make that two. And you'd need them today.

2hWeZwEW8zw0s2N7jexAcI7gKTMhfCaLcXeCcfK9OsgXth8rO3JWSLK5SDHcs5gz