Your Projects: Did Someone Here Really Build an E30 Ute?

Longtime lurker iansane just shared a bunch of projects in one post. It all starts mildly with an LS-powered 1991 Trans-Am convertible but quickly escalates.

V8-powered E30? Sounds like that’s in the works.

Jacked-up E30 ute? There’s one of those, complete with giant auxiliary lamps.

2JZ-swapped Celica convertible? Yup.

Volvo-powered E30? Okay, now we’re getting more into unchartered waters.

Hop into the thread for the details as well as the latest.

Like what you're reading? We rely on your financial support. For as little as $3, you can support Grassroots Motorsports by becoming a Patron today.

Become a Patron!

Join Free Join our community to easily find more Your Projects, e30, Ute and BMW news.
Comments
iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/31/20 1:11 p.m.

I feel like a movie star.

Like a straight to DVD movie star. In the walmart bargain bin.

Thanks for the recognition, seriously!

7/31/20 1:12 p.m.
iansane (Forum Supporter) said:

I feel like a movie star.

Like a straight to DVD movie star. In the walmart bargain bin.

Thanks for the recognition!

That's all good, right?

Thanks for sharing the projects with us. So, what wheels are on the silver E30 and the Celica?

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/31/20 2:03 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:
iansane (Forum Supporter) said:

I feel like a movie star.

Like a straight to DVD movie star. In the walmart bargain bin.

Thanks for the recognition!

That's all good, right?

It's great! I realized it sounded negative but I'm just self deprecating. I honestly don't know what wheels were on the celica but they look amazing, especially in that custom bronze color. The e30 wheels are Rotiform MLWs, which I would never recommend in a thousand years.

7/31/20 2:16 p.m.

In reply to iansane (Forum Supporter) :

But they look cool--Watanabe-like. Not a great experience, I take it?

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/31/20 2:36 p.m.

That was the exact thing I was going for. I love the Watanabe but I wanted a 17" wheel. And yes I adore how they look. It's exactly what I was after but the experience really soured me on Rotiform and the dealer I mistakenly chose to take my order. I added a little blurb about it on the first page of that build thread that explains it better.

7/31/20 2:47 p.m.

Watanabe fan here, too. It's the thin spokes that make it work. Watanabe has a U.S. webpage, but not sure if anyone's home.

XQNTwxSpG8ROsOlMkPhWXuWVlSljalIfIN0ehMl3NxXe2jK4ngAMoTV6qAMpgNw9