Nose Job

Per
Update by Per Schroeder to the LeGrand Mk 18 project car
Oct 29, 2010

We went down a slippery slope of while-we're-in-theres with the front end of our LeGrand. It looks scarier than it really is.
Under the aluminum was some very small square tubing that needed to be stripped and repainted.
Taking a much needed dwink bwreak.
The tub is starting to go back together with new aluminum panels

As we continued replacing the rod ends in our suspension with new Aurora Bearing Company pieces, we found ourselves tackling some restoration work.

We completely dismantled the suspension and removed several aluminum monocoque panels from the nose—sections we had yet to restore. The underlying steel bulkheads needed to be stripped, cleaned and repainted. We are replacing several of the outer panels with new .050-inch aluminum sheeting to complete the job.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the GRM forums
Sponsored by

GRM Ad Dept

Our Preferred Partners
1FwBG2dvmqLFKiW8qFVpikzIfmMUOzrZFEmx5ZpgR3BNCO1SFwsbzrEqbjwKBSpV